3 Ways to Fix White Screen When Launching Genshin Impact on PC
Genshin Impact players do not encounter problems that often, but even in such large projects, they have a place to be. At the moment, there is a global update to version 1.4, so users are talking on thematic forums about new glitches that spoil the atmosphere. Nowadays, many people often face the problem of a white screen that appears after the logo. This is not to say that this is a massive mistake, but information about it has become more frequent.
How to fix white screen error after logo in Genshin Impact
In most cases, the problem is solved quite easily and quickly; you can do everything you need to do this yourself. There is no definite way in your case, since the reasons may be different. You can try all the options below and get rid of the white screen after the Genshin Impact logo as a result.
Method 1: update DirectX
Often the reason for the white screen is the outdated version of DirectX, which the user installed a long time ago. It is imperative to keep such important game components up to date at all times. You can install a new version of the Genshin Impact game and there will be another DirectX, which will also be loaded automatically. Or go to the official website of the software developer link and download the latest DirectX. Installation takes a minimum of time, the user just needs to follow the instructions on the screen.
Method 2: rename your computer
Yes, this method may seem strange, but often if the first option does not help to solve the problem, then renaming the computer works.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Select Options”.
- Click on “System”.
- Select “About System” in the left column.
- Find the item “Rename this PC”.
- You will see the old name and can enter a new one.
- Save changes and restart your computer.
- Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run function.
- Specify “% userprofile% AppData LocalLow miHoYo Genshin Impact” in the command.
- In this folder, delete the “info.txt” file (this file may not exist, then skip this step).
- Launch the Genshin Impact game again and check that the white screen is no longer an issue.
When renaming, make sure that the new computer name contains only English letters, because of the presence of Russian and invalid characters, problems arise with the white screen in Genshin Impact. Be sure to restart the computer after that so that the new network parameters take full effect.
Method 3: apply Unicode UTF-8
Some users have noticed that the Unicode UTF-8 encoding method works in Windows 10 version 1803 or higher. Applying this type can save you the white screen after the game logo. If your operating system version is lower than the one specified, then this method will not work.
To apply a new type of encoding, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Search.
- Enter in the line “Control Panel”.
- Find Clock and Region in the Control Panel.
- Select Change Date, Time, and Number Formats.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Select Change System Language.
- Check the box next to “Beta: Use Unicode (UTF-8) for Language Support …”.
- Click OK and agree to the requirement to restart your computer now.
As a result, one of the above methods will help you solve the problem with a white screen after the logo in the game. These are simple actions that each user can perform on their own in a few minutes, but they all really show excellent results.