All ways to remove a game from Xbox Game Pass on PC
Xbox Game Pass is a video game subscription service launched by Microsoft in June 2017. The directory offers users access to a variety of applications for a low monthly fee. While most gamers use this service on Xbox consoles, it is also available on Windows 10 through a dedicated program.
In particular, PC players from time to time face the problem of inability to remove a particular game from the application in order to free up disk space. When you try to uninstall, the process is displayed as completed, but the computer’s hard disk remains full. Alternatively, you can manually delete the game by locating the folder with it and following the appropriate steps.
However, the problem is that downloaded apps are usually installed in the WindowsApps folder, which is not initially visible. Therefore, in order to remove a game from Game Pass, hidden files must be made visible. Below are all the steps you need to take to uninstall an app from Xbox Game Pass.
Step 1: Uninstall the game via the Xbox app
Before doing anything, do not forget to uninstall the game in the standard way. You can do this through the Xbox app or using Windows tools.
Uninstall via the Xbox app:
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Applications & Features.
- Find the desired game in the list, click on it, and click Remove.
- Confirm the action, and wait for the end of the process.
Removing using Windows tools:
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs and Features section.
- Find the game you want to uninstall in the list.
- Click on it with LMB, and click Delete at the top.
Step 2. Turn on the display of hidden files
Often gamers are faced with the problem that they cannot delete the game folder manually, since it is not displayed in the list of available ones. Therefore, you need to make the appropriate settings to view hidden files.
- Open any folder on your desktop.
- At the top, select the View option.
- Select the Show / Hide tab, and check the box to show hidden items.
Step 3. Delete the game files from the WindowsApps folder
The next step is to directly delete the game files from the WindowsApps directory.
- Go to the path: C: Program Files WindowsApps.
- Right-click the folder and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
- In the next window, you need to access the security section of WindowsApps.
- In the Owner row, click Change.
- Enter your account name.
- Click: Check Names and Ok.
- Next, in all open windows, click OK, and close them.
- Go to the WindowsApps folder again, and double-click on it.
- In the User Account Control window, click continue.
- After gaining access, you need to find the folders related to the problem game, select them, and by pressing RMB, select the item to delete.
- Empty the trash and check if there is more space on the hard drive.
Step 4. Remove optimization and delivery files
In some cases, game files may be stored in the downloads folder and temporary storage. It is necessary to check them and clean them as necessary.
- Right-click on the Windows icon and select Options.
- Go to the System section and then to Memory.
- Select Item Temporary Files.
- Check the folders to clean up, and in particular the Optimization and Delivery Files section.
- Click Delete files at the top.