Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood can be played both in stealth mode and relying on combat abilities. In this guide, we will consider the options for character development for completing the game with both options.
Part of the mechanic offers to free his inner beast and rip off the heads of everyone whom the player considers dangerous, but in this state you can fall into the form of Krinos and lose your soul. By controlling the wolf within himself, Kahal can solve problems in a more peaceful way. And this option of passing will also not seem boring, since the authors took care of this by introducing two branches of pumping: tactical and combat.
Best tactical skills in Werewolf: the Apocalypse – Earthblood
The tactical skill tree will determine Kahal’s stealth and combat skills. Compared to the combat branch, there are significantly fewer skills to choose from. However, there are several that will directly affect the shape of the Kahal wolf. Players wishing to harness the full power of the Stealth Wolf can use the following skills:
- Hidden Hunter I – (1 skill point) – Kills further increase the rage;
- Hidden Hunter II – (2 skill points) – Crossbow kills increase rage.
- Shooting I – (1 skill point) – When detected, slowdown is activated;
- Shooting II – (2 skill points) – Allows you to mark several enemies and kill them in one series.
Overall Rage Increase:
- Wolf Form I – (1 skill point) – Additional Rage slot;
- Wolf Form II – (2 skill points) – Two more Fury slots.
The first four perks chosen are related to Kahal’s crossbows min / max boost with his rage boost. Those walking in stealth can use time dilation to target enemies with a crossbow, thereby increasing their rage. A chain of such murders allows you to turn into an incredibly angry werewolf. In the guise of a wolf, the hero is already strong, but the above perks are ideal in order to take the guise of a wolf and easily destroy the remaining enemies.
Best fighting skills in Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood
When Kahal is in wolf form, he can rely on the Rage meter to launch powerful attacks and switch between two different fighting stances: agile and heavy. In a mobile stance, the hero will carry out quick attacks to fight small enemies. He can move quickly and kill weak enemies one at a time. The heavy stance is ideal for quickly building rage in the shape of a wolf. Those playing through the combat branch should pay attention to the following skills:
Recovery / maintenance of health:
- Regenerative metabolism – (2 skill points) – additional HP is restored by attacking enemies;
- Wild Force – (2 skill points) – gives extra HP and knocks back enemies;
- Willpower – (1 skill point) – damage taken is reduced, and additional health is also given.
Reinforcement of the movable rack:
- Roar – (1 skill point) – a roar that knocks down nearby enemies;
- Wind Howl – (2 skill points) – increases the radius of the roar;
- Heavy Jump – (2 skill points) – the ability to deal damage upon landing.
Enhancements of Rage:
- Hunting Agility – (1 skill point) – in a mobile stance, more rage is added from successful attacks;
- Heart of Rage – (2 skill points) – more rage is generated if the hero has low health in a mobile stance.
These skills are designed to keep Kahal alive while maximizing his rage. At low health, Kahal will generate anger and rage much faster. In addition, passive buffs increase healing speed as well as knock back enemies.
Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood, like many other games, has a wave mechanic. In the first stage, players have to fight against groups of many small enemies, with the rare appearance of a more powerful enemy. The second wave offers more strong enemies, with fewer weak opponents. And at the third stage, the boss usually appears surrounded by the previous types of enemies.
Players who want to invest all their skill points in pure combat will sooner or later start thinking about Wolf Form I and II. These extra rage slots will come in handy. At many points, especially towards the end of the game, one or two rage slots can be a decisive factor in a boss fight or facing multiple waves of enemies.
Those who focus on the tactical tree will also come to the need to recruit perks from the combat tree. In stealth, you can eliminate many enemies before you have to take the form of a wolf, but some moments will force Kahal to engage in open combat. Therefore, maximum survival is required here. All attacks will be impossible to dodge, and skills like Regenerative Metabolism and Willpower can come in handy.
Therefore, the best option would be to combine the perks from both branches, focusing, of course, on your passing style. Focusing on those abilities that are more comfortable to play with.