Genshin Impact players who are using the PS4 console started to encounter a connection error. When they try to enter the game, they are waiting for a connection, but as a result they see an error: Connection Timed Out Error on PS4. Literally, this error can be translated as follows: connection timed out. The game is trying to connect to the servers to download, but the process itself takes a very long time, so an error appears and it is impossible to load. This is a common problem, and you can solve it yourself by applying manual settings for your Internet connection.
How to Fix Genshin Impact Error “Connection Timed Out” on PS4
In most cases, users use the default automatic network connection settings. Most of the time it works, but sometimes problems appear like connection error in Genshin Impact. To try to fix this error yourself, you need to follow these steps:
- On the PS4 main menu, go to settings.
- Select the “Network” item.
- Select “Setting up Internet connection”.
- Select the type of connection. Here you can choose a wireless connection via Wi-Fi or a wired LAN connection. Select the connection method you are currently using.
- Select manual tuning.
- Set up automatic IP address settings.
- In the DHCP hostname settings, select Do Not Specify.
- Select “Manual” in the DNS settings.
- Enter the primary and secondary DNS. For example, the primary DNS is 18.104.22.168 and the secondary DNS is 22.214.171.124. you can also specify 126.96.36.199 as the primary DNS, and select 188.8.131.52 as the secondary.
- In the MTU settings, you must select “Automatic”.
- Select “Do not use” in the proxy server settings.
After these steps, you need to test your internet connection to make sure everything is working well. You can run Genshin Impact and try to connect to the server, everything should work normally, the error should not manifest itself. By manually configuring your internet connection, you can solve many network problems. You will need to spend only a few minutes to complete all the actions, it is much easier than contacting Genshin Impact support and waiting for a response.