Cyberpunk 2077’s Street Cred reputation system
Eight and a half years after the announcement, the release of the long-awaited role-playing shooter Cyberpunk 2077 has finally taken place. The developers at CD Projekt RED have done a great job, and it looks like their new creation will enjoy the same success as the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. In addition to a captivating storyline, Cyberpunk 2077 boasts cutting edge graphics, non-linear playthroughs, and a diverse open world. And, of course, it will have a lot of elements typical for the role-playing genre. Today we will introduce you to the Streed Cred system, which plays an important role in the game world.
Your reputation on the streets of Night City means a lot. With its growth, the doors to new gaming opportunities begin to open. Here is a list of the main bonuses that come from raising the Street Cred level, that is, street reputation:
- Level 6: Weapon vendors have new weapons that they can sell you.
- Level 12: Clothing stores have new items to buy.
- Level 14: Additional items for purchase appear in clothing stores.
- Level 20: Medical technicians (Ripperdocs) have prepared a new cyberwar for you
- Level 27: There are even more items to buy in clothing stores.
- Level 37: Merchants have new weapon modifications and attachments that you can add to your arsenal.
- Level 45: Weapon vendors will have even more new items to buy
- Level 50: Medical Technicians will have additional cyberwarfare that you can purchase.
While many of the Street Cred levels primarily expand on your outfit options, they will also be the main way to get upgrades and add killer new items to your arsenal in Cyberpunk 2077. To find out how much Street Cred your character has, go to the character screen and view your stats. There you will see all available bonuses for each level of street reputation achieved. It is worth keeping an eye on the Street Cred update, because in most cases it is more profitable and more convenient to buy new items than to chase loot in search of them.
How to earn Street Cred?
First of all, points are awarded for completing tasks from the game journal. You can open it at any time to browse the various jobs, or check your map to see what Night City has in store for you. Each time you complete the next mission, you get experience, money and an increase in the Street Cred level.