DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error – working fixes for CoD
The DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error can also appear in Russian: “an unrecoverable DirectX error has been detected” is one and the same thing. It almost always appears in Call of Duty: Warzone, Modern Warfare, but also appears in other versions of the game. The operating system is not so important, it can be both Windows 7 and Windows 10. This also implies that the problem is not related to system damage, but to the problem of game files. Now we will take a closer look at the results of our research on user reports and with a high degree of probability you will find your solution here.
There can be 4 main reasons conditionally:
- Damage to game files is the most common situation.
- There is no hardware support for DirectX 12 or it is unstable on your system – often.
- The problem of scaling video content to the screen is less common.
- The rest: drivers, DirectX breakdowns and so on – even less often than the rest.
How do I fix the error?
We recommend that you adhere to the following sequence of actions, since its effectiveness was mentioned by a lot of users on the forums and under various videos (more than 10 people). This is the fastest way to find the problem. Just ask right away – if you can fix the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in Call of Duty, you will write which method worked. It will help other readers too.
Corrective workflow: “Fatal DirectX error encountered”:
- Clearing custom game fileswhich may not work properly. It’s worth starting with a folder players with all its contents, which is located in Documents in the Call of Duty catalog of the corresponding version of the game.
- Delete and restore game files… Our goal is to delete a significant part of the files, including those with configs, and then restore them. To do this, in the Blizzard launcher in the section with the game, click on “Options” and open the location of the game (“Open in Explorer”). In the main directory with the game, for example, in Call of Duty Modern Warfare, delete all files (namely, files, folders, do not touch). Then next to the “Play” button, click on the gear and select “Check and Restore”.
- We forcibly switch to the mode DirectX 11… To do this, in the Call of Duty section, click on the gear icon next to the start button and launch the Game Settings. We set the flag “Additional command line arguments” and enter there -d3d11… We save the changes and start the game.
- Editing the registry… Going along the path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / PROTOCOLS / Filter / and deleting the folder with the name text / xml may work.
We can also try returning the display scaling to 100%. This method is often recommended, but it is not known exactly how it works. If you have any useful information on the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in Call of Duty, please write about it in the comments. So you will earn a plus in karma.