Download Odin 3.12.3 Latest Version for Samsung
You must have heard of Odin. Odin is a very familiar name that every Samsung Galaxy user is familiar with. Other devices require Bootloader like Fastboot to unlock flash recovery, but here Samsung has a head start on its flash recovery method with Odin Mode Download Odin for Samsung.
Odin is used to flashing original firmware, custom recovery for Samsung. So in this article, we will show you how to download Odin tool for Samsung. It allows you to update your Samsung device to any firmware and even install custom ROMs.
What does the Samsung Odin or Odin 3 mean?
Odin 3 is a free flashing tool that you can use to flash firmware and recover your lost files. Along with this, it also allows you to install any version of Android before its official release on your device.
You can also use it for permanent root access by installing a custom kernel. But before you do so, keep in mind that it can also brick your device. If you want to run it properly, run it as administrator on your device.
Download the latest version of Odin 3.12.3 for Samsung
Odin detects your Samsung devices, only when it is in download mode. You can flash files with the extension .tar or .tar.md5 with. Samsung has officially released Odin for use in service centers.
Odin is a very light and easy to use tool. It covers a little space in your device. There are many versions of Odin. But I recommend using the latest version. Here are some features of the Odin tool.
Also Read: – Best FRP Bypass Tools
Features of the latest version of Odin:
Odin is a completely light and small tool that can be used to flash firmware, stock. Here are the features of Odin for Samsung:
- Root with Odin: You can easily root your Samsung device using Auto Root CF feature through Odin. It is easy to root with Odin and you can also customize your phone after rooting.
- Custom Flash Recovery: With Odin, you can quickly flash a custom recovery to your device.
- Stock Flash ROM: If your phone is stuck in boot loop or screen, you can quickly get back to stock ROM easily and anytime. Odin helps you flash firmware easily.
- No Installation Required: Odin being a lightweight tool, all versions are portable, and the best part is that it doesn’t require an installation process. Just extract the .exe file and use it from there.
Also Read: – FRP Bypass APK Latest Version Free Download
Some basic concepts of the Odin tool
When you launch the Odin tool on your device, you will see a lot of options that you should understand before you start using them. Here we have provided the basic explanation of each option as follows:
1. Automatic restart: this option is already enabled by default in Odin. It automatically reboots your device every time you flash your original firmware. If you are going to flash your firmware, do not disable this option.
2. Nand Erase: if you click on this option, it will delete all data and files including operating system from your samsung device.
3. Re-partitioning: If you flash your Samsung Device PIT file with firmware then use this option, otherwise do not change the default settings.
4. AP: The full form of AP is an Android processor which is specifically used to flash single file firmware, recover lost files and CF-Root files.
5. CP: CP stands for Core Processor which is used to flash Modem files accompanying Samsung binaries.
6. CSC: CSC option is the abbreviation for Consumer Software Customization which can be used to change geographic location, APN settings, Carrier Branding.
7. PIT: Known as Partition Info Table which contains almost all the information about the technical specifications of your device.
8. BP: stands for Boot Loader and is used to flash bootloader files.
Samsung Odin Download Links:
Supported SE: Windows only (Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP)
How to use Odin for Flash ROM / Recovery.
In the section below, we are going to share some basic steps for using the Odin tool. You will learn how to use the Odin tool to flash .tar and .md5 files. Just follow all the given steps and learn the basics of Odin. First you need to download the Odin tool from the links shared above.
- First of all, the job is to download the Odin software from the links above. After downloading, extract the zip file.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy device to your PC / Laptop using a data cable.
- Then enter Odin mode or download mode. To open Odin mode, first turn off your device. Then press three keys: Home + Volume Down + Power button until the Download / Odin screen is displayed. Then leave the buttons.
- You will see a warning, press the Volume Up button to enter the mode.
- You will see ID: COM port. It will be blue and it means Odin has detected your device.
- Start by checking that two options are checked: “Automatic restart” and “Reset time”.
- All together. You can now flash any custom stock / recovery firmware or .tar and .md5 files. To make them flash, click on AP (PDA), then select the file to flash.
- Odin will go to work and check the .md5 /.rar file. Click on the Start button and Odin will start flashing the chosen file.
- Wait a few minutes. You will see a ‘Pass’ written in green.
Ended! You have successfully used Odin to flash any firmware / custom recovery or any other file. These are the necessary steps to use the Odin tool for your Galaxy device.
Also Read: – 2 Ways to Bypass Samsung Account
Download the Odin mobile app for Samsung devices
If you want to use the Odin app on your Samsung device, you can do so using the app mobile Odin Pro developed by the ChainFire team. It has almost all the features you would get in the Samsung Odin tool.
They also developed another app known as FlashFire which you can use to flash firmware files, custom ROMs, and recover images. All you need is a rooted device, then you can install this app on your device. You can check out this article which explains how to root Android phone without PC.
How can I avoid fake Odin websites?
There are hundreds of websites available on the internet that claim to be an official source of Odin. Most of these websites are created by people who just want to inject virus or malware into your device.
In order to detect these websites, you can check their URL. If their URLs are like “odindownload.com“,”Samsungodin.com”, Avoid using these websites as they are specifically designed to mislead you.
With the links shared in the article, you can download Odin software (any version) (new or old) for your device. We have also shared the steps required to use the Odin tool. You can use the guide to easily flash any firmware, stock ROM, or custom recovery.
Odin contains a lot of features and you cannot get them in other tools. Hope you have understood the entire guide and can use the latest version of the Odin tool. If you have any problem, feel free to comment below. We will help you as soon as possible.