Epic Games AS-3 error – solutions for Windows 10, 11
PC gamers can at any time, and often for no apparent reason, see a message with an error: “Error Code: AS-3”. It appears when you launch the Epic Games game client on Windows 10 or Windows 11. Additionally, the notification states:
Sign in Failed
Sign in failed, if the problem persists please visit our online support.
Error Code: AS-3
Search our knowledge base to learn more “
No specifics. All that you can find out from here is that this is a login error, you should try to launch the launcher a little later or contact technical support, study the knowledge bases. In fact, this is a standard error of connecting to servers, the PC simply cannot communicate with Epic Games.
How to Fix Epic Games AS-3 Error: No Connection?
The problem can be both on the server side and on the client side, so the first thing to do is to go to the official developers page and see if there is any technical work being done there. Here page, which almost always displays up-to-date data on the health of the servers. Various sites collecting statistics about connection problems can also help.
Further actions will look like this:
- Restart computer and Wi-Fi router… Maybe the cache is clogged or some system files, the settings have flown. After restarting everything can be restored.
- Disable firewall or add Epic Games to the exceptions list… It is important to check that the client is not blocked in the standard and third-party antivirus, if any.
- Disable or remove VPN and proxy settings… They very often cause connection problems. It is better to turn off all programs that affect the connection while starting the client.
- Test internet connection… Problems can be observed for those who have too low download speed – less than 1 Mbps, as well as too high ping – more than 100 ms. Mostly users who try to connect via mobile Internet far from the city or in places with poor coverage face such a breakdown.
- Run the troubleshooter… Windows 10 and Windows 11 have a tool that automatically scans for internet connection problems. It can be launched by right-clicking on the network icon in the lower right corner.
- Reset temporary internet data… For a faster connection, the computer caches individual data. If they include the wrong IP address of Epic Games servers or something else, the connection problem will not keep you waiting. Everything can be cleaned with a series of commands netsh winsock reset – netsh int ip reset –ipconfig / flushdns, where the hyphen is just a separator between the entries, and so these are 3 independent commands, after each you need to press Enter.
- Switch to a wired network connection… The cable connection is almost always more stable.
That’s all we know about the AS-3 error at Epic Games and the steps to fix the crash. Until now, they have worked for almost all users.