Error code WS-43709-3 began to appear in 2020, no one had heard of it before. Since then, the crash has been displayed quite frequently on both PS4 and PS5 users. A note in the error states that the credit card has expired or is using an invalid payment method. The listed problems may occur, but this is not all that can cause this failure. Often this is due to some kind of malfunction on the side of Sony, although this has not been officially confirmed.
How to fix error WS-43709-3 on PS4, PS5?
First of all, we recommend that you go to the checkout page PSN service status… Even the official support service recommends to wait a little, because the error can go away by itself. The problem is often associated with various work on the servers, but even more often it is caused by incorrect settings of payment methods or incorrect data. Here’s everything you should try to fix the problem.
1) Check the map
The key cause of error code WS-43709-3 on PS4 or PS5 is an expired bank card. Most likely, it has expired, so you need to contact the bank branch and issue a new card or renew the old one
What else could be the case:
- Insufficient funds on the balancebehold. You need to top up your card or e-wallet with enough money to buy from a Sony store.
- Card blocked… It could be manually or automatically blocked to protect the owner from debiting funds.
- Increase the limit on online purchases. All cards have it, usually a small one – up to 5000 rubles. To spend more money online, you need to increase the limit in your online banking or mobile app.
- Enable double conversion function… In the CIS, this is a common problem. The function can be enabled in online banking.
2) Re-add the payment method
Many users reported that they were able to fix WS-43709-3 by removing the current card and re-adding it as a payment method. The data is updated and the cancellation works without problems.
What should be done:
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the page Playstation Store…
- Login to your account.
- Go to the profile settings in the “Payment methods” section.
- Delete the current map and reload the page in the browser.
- Add it again on the same page, making sure that the entered data is correct.
3) Use a different payment method
If you have several bank cards or an e-wallet, it is worth trying to connect them to PSN. It is highly likely that the bank has technical problems at the current time, so it is impossible to write off funds. Someone has problems with the card, but everything works through PayPal, while others – the other way around. By linking a new card or wallet, the payment can go through without any interruptions. If it is not possible to use another payment method, you should wait 12-24 hours and try again.
4) Restore licenses
Sometimes an error with the code WS-43709-3 provokes a problem with licenses for purchased games. Most of the failure occurs when switching from an old PlayStation to a new one. The fix for the problem will be the restoration of game licenses.
What should be done:
- On the console, open “Settings” and go to “Account Management”.
- Select the option “Activate as your primary PS4” and complete the transition to this console.
- Go back one step and select “Restore Licenses”.
- Confirm the action with the “Restore” button.
5) Add money to the wallet
Almost everyone is trying to pay for purchases from the card immediately. You can try to replenish the account from the card for the required amount, so that then simply write off them from the balance, without asking the bank. If that doesn’t work, you can top up your account with a special card. You can buy it online and enter the code. This way, payment will go directly to the merchant of the card and not to Sony.
Some of the above should help fix error WS-43709-3 on PS4, PS5. If even they did not help, it is worth checking the quality of the network connection, updating the console. As a last resort, you can try to reset, but only when the problem with the purchase is observed only on the game console, and you can make a payment through a PC.