Fixes LogonUI.exe error on Windows 10 startup
After clicking the Power button on the computer, Windows 10 should start, but instead it may display the LogonUI.exe error. The message is displayed on the screen just before logging into your account. Most often, it blocks further actions with the system. Usually, you can still access the OS, although you have to use Safe Mode. In other situations, you cannot do without a recovery tool, but first things first.
LogonUI.exe error in Windows 10, what to do?
This is a system error that is directly related to the user interface. If you click on Ok in the body of the message, usually nothing happens next. Reloading returns to the same window. We offer to return the operating system to operability after the LogonUI.exe error.
Solution 1: remove the video card driver
The method is applicable in cases where there is access to safe mode to start the OS. To enter it, you need to press F8 at the stage of system startup.
- Right click on Start and go to the “Device Manager” page.
- Expand the “Video adapters” list.
- Right click on the name of the video card and click “Delete”.
After that, the OS will switch to using the standard driver, and the problem can be fixed.
Solution 2: launch without unnecessary stuff
If you have access to Safe Mode, we suggest disabling all unnecessary things and trying to start the system as usual.
- We press the combination Win + R, enter msconfig and click OK.
- We go to the “Services” tab, turn off the display of system services and deactivate the rest with the “Disable all” button.
- Through the PCM on the taskbar, go to the “Device Manager” and go to the “Startup” tab.
- Turn off all programs.
- Reboot your PC.
If everything worked, it remained to experimentally determine the problem module (one by one turning them on and checking the operability of Windows.
Solution 3: start the OS in the last known good configuration
An alternative solution for those who cannot go to Safe Mode. The OS stores the parameters of the previous OS startup, in which everything went smoothly. You just need to apply these settings.
How it works:
- Reboot the PC and click on F
- Among the parameters, select the option “Load the last good configuration”.
Solution 4: restore startup
This is a built-in Windows tool that is designed for just such situations.
- Open a menu with alternative launch methods (step 1 of the previous instruction).
- Click on the option “Computer troubleshooting”.
- We select the “Troubleshooting” mode, and then go to the “Advanced options”.
- We activate the target tool “Startup Repair”.
Solution 5: scan Windows for system file problems.
Taking into account the problematic access to the OS, you must first go to the “Advanced options” section through the recovery tool (1-3 steps above), and then go to the “Command line”.
- Enter sfc / scannow and press Enter. The function will analyze the system, which can take a lot of time. It automatically fixes problems found during the scanning process.
- We apply the command chkdsk C: / f / r / x. It is responsible for detecting disk errors.
When both steps are completed, it’s time to try to start the OS normally.
Solution 6: recover via the installation disc
The principle is similar to the fourth method, but it can help in situations where the previous method is powerless. First, you should start the drive (via F9 or the Boot menu in the BIOS), and the next step – in the “Advanced options” select “System image recovery”.
If you do not take into account the dubious and practically useless methods, there are still a couple of simple ways to restore the OS:
- Disable account protection. This can be done in safe mode.
- Switching to the integrated graphics adapter. The easiest way to accomplish this is to disconnect the mains power supply.
- Uninstalling Sensible Vision FastAccess and CSR Wireless Stack applications, they sometimes crash.
- Reinstall Windows 10.
If nothing helped at all, you should resort to reinstalling the OS. The procedure will result in data loss on the system logical drive, but everything else will remain. However, it usually doesn’t come to that.