from a post, to a post or from another story
The social network Instagram is regularly updated and pleases users with new features. Earlier, the developers added the option to repost the post they liked, but it is not always possible to use it. How to repost stories on Instagram and what you can repost, we will consider further.
Table of Contents
What can you share?
First, let’s look at what you can repost on this popular network. Not everything can be done in official ways, but for most of the tasks they are enough.
In Instargram, you can repost:
- someone else’s story to direct;
- post to your story;
- post to a friend in direct;
- the story in which the user was mentioned in their story.
Although officially this cannot be done, resorting to some tricks, you can also repost:
- other people’s stories into your own;
- photo from post to story;
- post to your feed.
How to repost an Instagram story?
Next, let’s look at the instructions for reposting different materials.
Method 1: from history to history
If a friend or any other subscriber has marked you in their story, then it is allowed to repost it in the story to yourself. For this you need:
- Enter direct and open an alert that you have been tagged.
- Click on the blue button that says “Add to your story”.
- Confirm the action by clicking on the white button that appears.
You can also go to the tab with likes, open the corresponding notification and click on the “Add to your story” button.
Method 2: from story to post
One of the most popular reposts is from stories to post. To post such a repost in the feed, it is enough:
- Select the history with the desired entry.
- Tap on three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Share”.
- At the end, you can edit the post, decorate it with emoticons, hashtags, indicate the location, etc.
If this option is not available, then it is worth installing the new version through Google Play.
Method 3: from post to story
For this you need:
- Go to the social network and select the publication you like.
- Click on the image of the “airplane”.
- The application itself will offer to share the publication with subscribers.
- After you need to click on the tab, the publication will open in a different frame.
Why can’t I repost Stories on Instagram?
There are situations when problems arise when trying to repost. One of the most common reasons is an outdated version of the application. In this case, it is enough to update it. The second reason is that the user has forbidden to repost his stories. And of course, you can’t repost a story if you are not tagged there.
Additional Ways to Repost Instagram Stories
There are several other ways to repost a post you like, if standard methods failed to achieve the goal or it is inconvenient to do it.
Method 1: via code
To repost using code, you need:
- Open the desired post.
- Call an additional menu by clicking on the three points at the top right.
- Select “Paste” and then “Copy Embed Code”.
- Create a new record and add the copied code to the clipboard.
After that, you will get an exact copy of the post. In this case, the nickname of the author will also be displayed.
Method 2: using a screenshot
When the standard functionality is not enough, you can repost using the screenshot function. To share a recording in this way, you should:
- Open the required post.
- Take a screenshot.
- Edit it by cropping, adding filters, labels, etc.
- Upload to your profile.
Method 3: through additional applications
To make the process easier, you can use different apps for iOS and Android. There are both paid and completely free options.
The best of them are several:
- Regrann, which is created for instant reposts. There is no need to provide credentials. To make a repost, you just need to insert a link to the publication you like.
- Instasave for iOS is another simple app to repost videos and photos using a link. The main advantages are the Russian-language interface and the good work of the support service. But the main drawback is that the free version imposes a watermark on the content.
- Repost for Instagram will make it possible not only to repost, but also to view the best posts. In addition, using the application, you can follow popular tags and featured Instagrammers.
- Story Reposter makes it possible to repost both your own and other people’s stories, as well as share them in other applications. And there is also a built-in editor that allows you to select the desired photo size, add filters, labels, stickers.
- Easy Repost will help in a couple of minutes to repost and view suitable posts to tell your friends about them.
Reposting on Instagram is a great way to share the content you like with your friends. It is worth remembering that it is better to repost with an indication of the authorship of the post, so as not to anger the administrators who can block the account for plagiarism.