We’ve seen quite a few complaints from players that they were “Unable to check for updates” or had a Genshin Impact update error. Naturally, without downloading and installing a new version of the game, the lobby is not allowed. Thus, this error prevents you from enjoying the game. With the help of users who described their mistakes and tried different fixes, we managed to select working solutions to the problem. They are all listed below
How do I fix the update error?
To fix the update failure in Genshin Impact, you need to follow a few relatively simple steps. All of them will be briefly and sequentially described below. It is recommended that you follow the guide in the order in which the steps are listed, this will make it faster and easier to fix the crash.
- Restart the game… Only an important nuance – you need to additionally go to the “Device Manager” and complete all processes related to Genshin. In the case of an Android device, it is enough to close the application by swiping it in the multitasking panel. On the PlayStation, you need to open the quick menu and select “Close Application”.
- VPN… An equal number of users experienced problems with VPN turned on and off. The transition to another state often helped. In other words, if you don’t have a proxy or VPN, you should use one. For people with active forwarding, turning it off may work. The problem is that servers may not be available in some countries.
- Turn off all programs that monitor the operation of the network… If you have a firewall, an antivirus with an Internet protection system, ad blocking utilities or access to individual servers in your system, it is better to disable them. It is highly likely that it is they who prevent the game from connecting to Genshin Impact and updating the client.
- Check the internet. You need to make sure that the network connection is not only present, but also stable enough. For example, you can use SpeedTest… The speed should be fast and the ping should be low. Plus, you should look at the quality of the Wi-Fi signal. You can also try restarting your router.
- Change DNS… If an unstable DNS server is installed, there may be cases when sites stop opening and access to servers is lost. It is worth using Google Public DNS as it will be the preferred choice in most regions.
This is all that can work in situations where “could not check for updates” or there was a Genshin Impact update error.