How do I change my account password in Windows 10?
There are far more reasons for changing your password than just forgetting. Regularly changing login credentials is a good practice for every user who doesn’t want to be hacked. Otherwise, an attacker can use passwords created in the 90s on an unreliable service and hack the account. This guide is about changing your Windows 10 password. There are 3 methods to achieve this goal: through Settings, through the Microsoft website, and through the login window.
How do I change my Microsoft account password using Options?
One of the easiest ways to change your password:
- Open a personal Microsoft account with your current password.
- Click on the “Start” button and click on the image of the gear, it is located in the standard theme to the left of the workspace.
- Select “Accounts” among the parameters.
- By default, after clicking, the system redirects to the “Your data” tab, but you need to go to the “Login parameters” section.
- Click on the “Password” button to the right of the main menu and select “Change” from the extended menu.
- Enter the required data to verify your identity. One option is to look into the laptop’s webcam for facial recognition. You can also enter a PIN, unlock the system with a fingerprint, or enter a password.
- After identifying the identity, you can set a new password and click on the “Next” button to complete the procedure.
Change your Microsoft account password online
This method also does not have any particular difficulties in implementation.
- Go to “Options” on the “Accounts” tab and to the “Login Options” section.
- On the right, click on the “Change your Microsoft account password” link.
- In the Bing window that opens, instructions for changing the password via the Internet appear.
- Sign in to your Microsoft profile on official website using the current password.
- After the page has finished loading, go to the “Security” section at the top of the window and select “Change password”.
- On the next page, click on “Change”, enter the new password 2 times and “Save” the correction.
Change password for a local account
To use the method, you need to enter the password incorrectly once in the Windows login window.
- Immediately after pressing Enter and attempting to enter data, the link “reset password” is displayed below, you need to click on it.
- Answer 3 security questions in the next window.
- If all the answers are correct, you should enter a new password and click on the arrow button.
The reader only has to choose the appropriate method and use the instructions. True, all methods imply knowledge of a password or answers to security questions.