Changing the name of a channel on Youtube has always been accompanied by the need to change the name and, possibly, the avatar of the Google account. It was inconvenient, since the Google profile is used on many resources and in social networks. The developers of the popular service have finally listened to the wishes of many users, and recently it became possible to set up your Youtube account without changing the entire account.
Option 1. Changing the name of the channel on the mobile phone
What should be done:
- Launch the Youtube application on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Select the “My Channel” section.
- Then click “Manage”.
- Click on the pencil symbol next to the name.
- Enter a new channel name and click OK.
- Along with this, you can change the avatar and configure other parameters.
Option 2. Changing the name of the channel on the computer
- Open Youtube and click on your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Go to the “My Channel” section.
- Click on the “Customize Channel View” button.
- The main page of the creative studio will open in a separate window.
- Click the Basics tab.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the current channel name and enter a new one.
- After that, the “Publish” button will become active, by clicking on which the changes will take effect.
Note. It should be borne in mind that if your channel is verified (has a check mark next to the name), after changing the name, it will disappear, and account ownership must be confirmed again. It is allowed to change the name three times every 90 days, so you need to be careful when choosing a new name.
So, we looked at two options for changing the name of a channel on Youtube, without changing the general profile on Google. Leave your comments if the guide was helpful, and what other questions you have about using the service.