How do I delete my Gmail account on my computer and phone?
So have you wondered about deleting your Gmail account? Have you decided to completely stop using this email, or just don’t want to have a Gmail account? Well, you are terribly lucky, because it is very easy to remove it. Do this without deleting the attached Google account. Use the following tips:
Google is alerting its users that deleting their Gmail account will delete all of your emails and mail settings. Note: The deletion of emails may not be instantaneous. However, if you suddenly change your mind and decide to use your Gmail account again, then you have the option of restoring it. Don’t worry about someone else using your Gmail address as Google won’t let anyone else use it, even if you’ve deleted your account.
You may want to save your Gmail credentials before deleting your account so that you can use them later. Here’s how to do it on your computer.
Deleting a Gmail account will differ slightly depending on the device model you are using to delete it. Below are instructions for deleting an account from computer, Android and iOS.
On the computer
- Step one: go to your Google Account Management page. Open Gmail by clicking on the grid next to your user icon and choosing Account from the pop-up menu.
- Step two: select “Data and Personalization” from the list in the navigation bar (may appear on the left or at the top of the window).
- Step three: in the new window, find the “Download, Uninstall or Schedule” section and select “Remove Service or Account”.
- Step four: a new window will display the section “Delete Google service”, you need to select “Delete service” and click on the button. Before this happens, you will be prompted to sign in to your account for security reasons. To continue, sign in to your Google account where you have a Gmail account.
- Step five: On the new screen, find the Gmail account you want to delete, click Delete, then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the account deletion process.
- Step one: Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Step two: scroll down and find the google settings section.
- Step three: in Google settings, find and select “Google Account”.
- Step four: find and select the Data & Personalization tab from the top menu.
- Step five: scroll down and find the “Download, Uninstall or Schedule” section, select “Uninstall a service or your account.”
- Step six: On the page that opens, select “Remove Google Service”. Google may require you to sign in to your account again.
- Step seven: find “Gmail” and click the trash can icon and follow the rest of Google’s instructions.
Since iOS does not have Google settings at the operating system level, you must have this application installed on your device to delete your Gmail account. Or go to a web browser using the instructions for the devices listed above.
- Step one: open the Gmail app, then click menu.
- Step two: From the menu, select Settings> Your Account> Manage Google Account.
- Step three: on the navigation bar, select Data Personalization.
- Step four: on the new page, find the “Upload, remove or plan your data” section and click “Remove a service or your account”.
- Step five: on the next screen, select “Delete service”. As with other processes, Google may require you to re-confirm the password for your account.
- Step six: on the next screen, find Gmail and select “Delete”, then follow the instructions from Google.