How do I enable UHD support in the PC version of Oddworld Soulstorm?
Oddworld: Soulstorm is the latest installment in the Oddworld series, dating back to 1997. The project was released in versions for PS4, PS5 and PC. Unfortunately, even in 2021, many games do not have support for ultra-wide screens. Despite the fact that monitors with this resolution are becoming more common, most gamers have to manually adjust their game settings so that they are displayed in full screen mode.
Unlike other games, in the files of which you can independently prescribe the required resolution, in the PC version of Oddworld Soulstorm this is not possible. To do this, you need to make many changes, which is not very convenient, and there is a possibility of making mistakes, due to which you will have to restore the original files or reinstall the game.
Fortunately, one of the fans has posted a small patch that allows the game to run in full screen mode on ultra-wide monitors. It currently supports the following permissions:
Installing the patch
- Start the game to change the required parameters.
- In the resolution settings, set the launch in full-screen windowed mode, with a resolution of 1920×1080.
- Close the game.
- Go to next linkto download the patch file.
- Unzip the archive using Winrar or 7zip applications.
- Copy the Assembly-CSharp.dll file and paste it in the following location.
- Folder with installed game Oddworld Soulstorm soulstorm_Data Managed
- Start the game and enjoy the gameplay in full screen mode.
- The patch will automatically adjust to the resolution of your monitor.
Note: after installing the patch, from time to time there is a bug with the display of the HUD and the game interface. This is fixed by simply opening and closing the menu.