Everyone’s favorite Sonic games have been released for the PC for a long time. However, there are Sonic 1 and 2, which can only be run on a mobile device. But there is still a way to enjoy the game with improved resolution and additional functions on your personal computer.
How to play Sonic 1 & 2 on PC?
Playing a mobile version of PC games on a PC is not that difficult. Rubberduckycooly have released a special utility called RSDKv4 to help you do this.
The user has to take a few steps:
- Download APKs for Sonic 1 and Sonic 2. You can do this through the Play Store or from sites such as APKPure.
- After that, in the Windows settings “Folder options” you need to uncheck the “Hide extensions for known file types” checkbox.
- Then you should find and download RSDKv4, selecting win_x64 at boot.
- The downloaded archive must be unpacked using 7zip or Winrar.
- The extension of the previously downloaded Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 APKs must be changed to .zip. To do this, you just need to rename the file itself.
- Now you need to unpack the new game data and open the folder. Find the Assets archive in it, and then Data.rsdk.xml.
- Data.rsdk.xml must be copied to the win_x64 folder and renamed Data.rsdk.
- Then you can run the RSDKv4_64.exe utility itself.
After these simple steps, the game should load, and to start it in full screen mode, just press the F4 key.