How to delete instagram account: 3 easy ways
Instagram is the most popular social network. Nowadays, almost everyone has Instagram accounts and uses them for communication, business promotion, online shopping, distribution of photos and videos. Therefore, actions related to account management occur frequently. Search query “how to delete an instagram account?” is one of the most common.
When do I need to delete my Instagram account?
There can be many reasons for deleting an insta profile: just tired, there is no interest in using this social network, this particular account is not needed, and much more.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that after deleting an account, all personal information is also erased: profile, comments on publications, photos, videos, subscribers and likes. In case of doubt about such a radical solution, it is better to activate the function of temporarily deactivating the account. Also, this option is most preferable if you need to get ahead of the blocking of an account, or, for example, in order to prevent mass unsubscription of newcomers when organizing any sweepstakes.
How to temporarily block your Instagram profile?
If you want, you can disable the profile for a while and then restore it. All photos, records, subscribers, subscriptions will be saved on the servers and restored along with the account. Other users will see the account as deleted: a blank page with no information. The block will be valid for a week.
Instructions for temporarily deactivating a profile:
- Open a web browser and go to instagram.com.
- Log in to your personal account and click on the profile button on the top right.
- Select “Edit profile”, at the end of the list that appears, click on “Temporarily block my account”.
- You should indicate the reason for the action being performed by selecting one of the proposed options.
- Enter your account password.
- At the very bottom, the blue button “Temporarily block the account” will become active. You need to click on it to complete the process.
How to completely delete an Instagram account?
You can delete a user profile only if you know your confidential login information, because a password is required to confirm deletion.
Method 1: through the app
In order to delete your Instagram profile using the application on your smartphone, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the application and click on the profile designation in the lower right corner of the screen. Then click on “Menu” (located in the upper right part).
- From the menu that appears, select “Settings” at the bottom of the page.
- A list will open in which you need to select “Help”, then open the “Help Center”. The Instagram technical support page will automatically load via your web browser.
- Next, open the “Account Management” section, then “Account Deletion”. If necessary, switch the interface language to Russian.
- In the window that appears, you need to select the option “How to delete your account” in the insta. You can respond to the request “open the uninstall page through a web browser or application” as you like. The answer does not affect the process itself.
- On the account deletion page, you should indicate the reason, enter your personal login password and confirm the process by clicking on the “Permanently delete my account” button.
If the application itself on the smartphone is also not needed, then you can uninstall it in the application management through the “Settings”.
Method 2: using a browser
This section provides instructions on how to delete instagram permanently via web browser:
- You need to open any Internet browser and ask instagram.com in the search.
- Go to the personal page that you want to delete. On the personal profile page, select the button with settings in the upper left corner.
- In the menu that appears, click on the “Help Center”.
- Next, the steps are taken, starting from point 4 of the above instructions for deleting an account through the application.
Is it possible to restore an Instagram page after deleting it?
Once you delete your profile on the social network Instagram, you cannot restore it. Application administrators cannot activate a deleted account. Moreover, you cannot register again using the old username or add it to another profile. And you can restore your personal page after blocking by simply opening the application. The main thing is to remember the login information (login and password), or at least the data for Facebook.