How to fix download error 4000 when installing themes on Xiaomi?
What does the download error 4000 mean? Sometimes Xiaomi smartphone users may encounter it when trying to download a new theme using the standard program. Let’s try to figure out why this error occurs and how to fix it.
Table of Contents
Why does error 4000 appear when installing a theme on Xiaomi?
There are two possible reasons for this error:
- the outdated Themes application, which is standard for the MIUI shell;
- the wrong place to save themes.
How to fix Xiaomi Error 4000?
There are 3 effective ways, one of them should help.
Method 1: allow saving themes to smartphone memory
Quite often the download error 4000 occurs because Xiaomi is saving themes to the SD card. It is worth remembering that they should always be installed in the phone’s memory.
To change the storage location, you need:
- Open the built-in Themes application.
- Find at the top of the display, on the main screen, the inscription “Get more free themes” and click on it.
- Click on the blue icon with a man to log in to the loaded page.
- After that “My Account” will open. You need to scroll to the very end and find the “Settings” button.
- In the settings, uncheck the box next to “Save to SD card”.
After that, you can again go to the application and install the one you like from the proposed themes.
Method 2: uninstall or install an update for the Themes application
It is worth remembering that for the applications and the smartphone itself to work correctly, you must regularly check for updates and install them. To find out the version of the program and whether it needs to download new improvements is worth:
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Select the item “Component update”. A number appears in the circle showing how many applications require updating.
- Now you need to find the Themes program. If the “Open” button is lit next to it, then updates are not needed. If the message “Update” appears, then you need to click on it and wait for the download.
Also, updates could be installed incorrectly, so they need to be removed, and then reinstalled.
- Enter the settings and select the “All applications” section.
- Find and open the default Themes application.
- Click on the “Delete updates” button and confirm the action.
As a result, all new improvements will be removed. Having connected to a stable internet, it is worth reinstalling them.
Method 3: Granting the Required Permissions for Themes
Often, a similar problem is caused by the prohibition on managing the smartphone’s memory by the application. What to do in this case? You need to grant the appropriate privileges.
To check permissions and grant them, you need to:
- Open “Applications” in the settings, enter “System applications” or “All applications”.
- Find “Themes”, open and see “App Permissions”.
- Memory Management or Phone must be enabled. Sometimes they can be turned off automatically in order to reduce energy consumption or when downloading a new firmware version.
If it was the lack of permissions that caused error 4000, then activating these items will help eliminate it.
Loading error 4000 during the installation of a new skin is a fairly common occurrence. The good news is that absolutely anyone can fix this problem by following a few of the steps above.