Valorant error 1067 is a relatively difficult bug to fix, which the Riot developers promised to fix six months ago. However, it still appears, and the players do their best to eliminate it. It appears very often in Windows 10 and Windows 11. Today, many methods have already gathered that have helped someone and others have also confirmed that they have been able to fix their problem. We don’t know what exactly should help, but some of the above will most likely work. At least we are counting on it.
Change the language
Some users were able to solve the problem by switching the language.
Here’s what to do:
- Go to the “Control Panel” and select the “Language” item.
- Click on the “Options” button next to the language that you know, but it must be different from the current one.
- Click on the button “Make the main language”.
- Log out and log back in.
- Trying to run Valorant, possibly without error.
In some cases, an additional procedure will be required. It will be needed in situations where the system language is not selected for programs without Unicode support.
- Go to “Options” (Win + I), and then – “Time and language”.
- On the “Language” tab, click on the linked link “Administrative language settings” on the top right.
- We select the option “Change system language” and be sure to activate the icon “Use Unicode UTF-8 to support languages around the world.”
Official solution from the developers
This procedure was recommended by the developers themselves:
- We start Windows in clean boot mode (turn off all services via msconfig and all programs from autorun via the Task Manager). The only exception is the vgc service, which is required to load the game.
- Uploading the file Autoruns and install it.
- We turn on this program and turn off the entries belonging to Windows.
- We start looking for a driver conflict.
- Restart your computer and try to start installing Valorant again.
Remove update KB4589212
Several users noted that they were able to fix the error code 1067 in Valorant after removing one update – its code KB4589212. True, it helped them only for a few days. It looks like it was booted and reinstalled. If you do not want to completely disable Windows updates, you may have to repeat the procedure at regular intervals.
How to do it:
- We go to the “Control Panel”, here we select “Programs and Features”.
- On the top left, click on “View installed updates.”
- We are looking for what has the KB4589212 code, right-click on it and “Delete”.
- We reboot the computer and check the result.
Reload VGC service
The current task is to disable and restart the VGC service, it is required to start Valorant. If the service encountered some insurmountable difficulty, hung or stopped, this could be the cause of error 1067.
What should be done:
- Open the “Control Panel” and in the “Administrative Tools” section go to “Services”.
- Find the one called VGC and double click on it.
- Click on the “Stop” button and save the change.
- Re-enable the service by pressing the “Start” button.
Remove VoiceMeeter, disable Discord
VoiceMeeter is a very popular audio processing program today. Valorant may not work correctly with it, but it is restored after deletion. At least a few users reported that removing this software helped them.
Another problematic relationship with Valorant is observed with Discord, only in this case it is not necessary to uninstall the program. It is enough to disable the application while the game is running. Although this is the most popular voice communication in the world, there are a bunch of decent alternatives that will allow you to communicate with friends without discomfort and mistakes.
Enable TPM 2.0
TPM 2.0 is needed both for the transition to Windows 11 and for Valorant to function properly. It is enabled in BIOS (UEFI) and is disabled by default on some devices.
How to enable TPM 2.0:
- We reboot the computer and at the time of startup, press the button to go to the BIOS. Usually, a hint is shown below which key to press. The default on many devices is F2 and Del.
- Go to the “Advanced” section and expand the “Security” list, sometimes it is called Trusted Computing.
- We are looking for an option where there is the word TPM or Platform Trust Technology or “Support for security devices” – “Security devices”. By the way, Intel calls it PTT.
- We activate the parameter.
The list of Valorant 1067 solutions known to us does not end there, but usually they are enough. In more complex situations, you will additionally have to activate Control Flow Guard, disable CPU virtualization in the BIOS and simply update Windows. It is noteworthy that the error appears more often in Windows 11, so rolling back to Windows 10 can also be a kind of fix.