We’ve been hearing about an issue in Fortnite for quite some time now, where users see a “FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe – Application Error” error message. An application error can appear at a random moment in the game, that is, it does not completely block access, but it still greatly interferes. It may be that the game client will start 3-4 times, most of the attempts will fail. We’ll help you fix the nasty FortniteClient game bug.
Why does FortniteClient Win64 Shipping.exe error appear?
Through empirical and experimental means, we were able to calculate several main reasons for the failure:
- EasyAntiCheat, or rather its incorrect behavior. Usually you have to restore his service.
- MyColor2 – app for managing RGB lighting and keyboard settings. It has been noticed that if it is running in the background, Fortnite will often not work properly. Maybe EasyAntiCheat perceives this software as cheating software.
- Corrupted game files… The cause of a malfunction can be a wide variety of problems, including harmless ones – incorrectly saved data, deleted textures, etc.
- Overclocking the graphics card… For some users, the graphics adapter does not work correctly after overclocking.
How to fix Shipping.exe error in Fortnite?
The solution to the problem will be to eliminate the problems listed above. This may not be entirely obvious, so let’s take a look at the steps one at a time. However, at first, you just need to reboot the operating system, and this will be enough for someone.
Method 1: restore EasyAntiCheat
There are 2 approaches, both of which have been well received: run the recovery tool and tweak the service settings.
How to repair EasyAntiCheat:
- Go to the Fortnite game folder, and then go to Fortnitegame – Binaries – Win64 – EasyAntiCheat.
- Find the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file inside the last directory and run it.
- We select the item “Repair Service” – recovery service.
Another option is to change the startup type of the service:
- We enter the word “Services” into the search and open the item of the same name.
- Double click on EasyAntiCheat and set its “Startup type” to the “Automatic” position.
- We save the changes and exit here.
Now is the time to check the result, there is a good chance that this time Fortnite will launch without the FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe application error.
Method 2: recover game files
It looks like Fortnite file corruption is one of the common causes of the error that can be relatively easily fixed.
Here’s what to do:
- Open Epic Games and go to your “Library”.
- Click on 3 dots next to the game and click on the “Check” button.
Method 3: removing MyColor2
We’ve heard of a problem with MyColor2 from several users experiencing this issue. So far, the program is in conflict with Fortnite, so it’s best to disable it.
How to do it:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch the “Task Manager”.
- We are looking for in the list of processes (perhaps for this you will need to expand the list with the “Details” button).
- Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Complete task”.
- Go to the “Startup” tab.
- Right-click on MyColor2 and turn off the program.
The result will be the deactivation of the automatic launch of MyColor2, but the utility can still be launched manually.
Important! Not only does MyColor2 crash, albeit much less frequently, but we’ve also heard about problems with SelLedV2 and lightingservice.exe. If any of the above is in the system, you should also turn them off.
Method 4: delete all temporary files
Fortnite spawns many important files that can be deleted without compromising the stability of the game. At the first start, all of them will be restored, but guaranteed to be operational. There are doubts about the quality of the current temporary files.
Step by step guide:
- We follow the path C: Users
- Open a folder called FortniteGame, select all files and folders (using the Ctrl + A keys) and press the Del button.
Note! To see the AppData folder, you must have hidden items display active.
Method 5: disable graphics card overclocking
Working at higher frequencies leads to instability of the video card and errors appear in many games. One of the users wrote that the resumption of the normal operation of the video card helped him. More precisely, he simply lowered the frequencies a little (not even to the nominal ones) and everything worked.
Method 6: accept the error
This action cannot be called a fix, but it will also allow the game to start. True, it does not work for everyone, and you need to perform the procedure every time. The bottom line is that you can accept the error and the game will start. To do this, click on the “Cancel” button, not “OK”. After this procedure, a dialog box will appear asking you to specify a debugging tool. We ignore the request and launch the game.
The main problem with this method is not a couple of extra clicks, but the fact that not all players see the cancel button. Only “Ok” can appear and that’s it. In such a situation, the method will not work.
What else might work?
There is a good chance that relatively simple procedures will help fix the problem:
- Rolling back video card drivers… It seems that the error may be related to the drivers, because one game reported that after a rollback everything worked.
- Add game to exception… If EasyAntiCheat itself is blocked by antivirus, Fortnite will not work or will be unstable. Every antivirus software has this feature.
- Reinstall game client…
So far, these are all the ways we know to fix the FortniteClient Win64 Shipping.exe error. If any of the solutions helped you, please provide it. If you managed to find another way, also unsubscribe about it to help other readers.