How to fix problems with Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139?
The computer version of NieR Replicant often encounters various errors and problems, among which very often appear problems with launching, white screen, freezes, and in the task manager it says “Not responding”, there is no reaction to the Xbox controller, and so on. We have collected all the major bugs that users complain about, and have prepared fixes or at least temporary solutions for them.
How to troubleshoot NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 crashes?
Now we will take a look at all the known types of the problem in turn and give them a description + possible solutions.
White screen, NieR Replicant not responding
A very common problem, but everyone has it for different reasons. Most likely, to successfully eliminate it, you will have to try several steps.
What should help:
- Update your VC Redist 2015-2019 x64 and x86.
- Remove from username (both Windows and Steam) all Special symbols and Russian letters, using only the English alphabet when entering the nickname.
- Remove mod / framework Special K… It could have been installed for NieR Automata and quite often interferes with the launch of a new version.
- Remove Emsisoft… It worked for many users. The fact is that this antivirus is not friendly with the Devuno protection system and therefore often fails when working with games in which it is used.
- Remove M audio drivers… For some unknown reason, they may not work properly with NieR Replicant. It is also advisable to try launching with another (for example, built-in) sound card.
Unfortunately, if you do not have a discrete graphics card on your laptop, you will most likely not be able to play on integrated graphics (depending on the model). In this case, the white screen cannot be corrected.
NieR Replicant does not start, closes itself and gives error 0xC0000005
A lot of fixes have already been tried by those who encountered the error, and some of the fixes have received positive feedback.
What do we have to do:
- Delete save file. Unfortunately, the error may be in the saved user data. In this case, the user will lose his progress, but can restore the performance of the game. We recommend that you first make a copy of the file, if the method does not work, at least you can return your pass. Go to C: Users * YourUserName * Documents My Games NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 Steam * YourSteamID * and delete the GAMEDATA file.
- Setting the screen frequency limit… Many owners of laptops with a refresh rate of 300 Hz receive this error. If you lower it to 60 Hz, the game should work.
- Change your name to Steam where only English letters are used. Special characters in the path cause problems.
Xbox controller not working
In general, Steam is still not very stable with gamepads, often not responding to them. In fact, not everyone was able to achieve a remedy, but it seems that the majority did get relief.
- Disable others USB devicesexcept for keyboard and mouse. It is better to remove all non-essential accessories from the connectors on the laptop or system unit and try to see if the controller works.
- Turn off input Steam. To do this, go to the “Library”, right-click on the game and go to the “Controller” tab.
- Install Special K mod… He can adjust the graphics settings, it is quite possible that the gamepad will work.
NieR Replicant closes by itself after 20-30 minutes of play
Judging by the comments of users, this can happen both for no apparent reason in different places, and at a certain stage of the game.
It might work:
- Adding the MshtmlMedia.dll file to Windows 7… Its absence can lead to crits when loading videos, because the game cannot find the video. It is worth downloading it from the Internet and placing it in the folder with the game files, as well as in system32.
- Copying the MFPlat.dll file to Windows 10… It can work in versions of Windows 10 N. The principle is the same, you need to place this file in the directory with the game.
NieR Replicant crashes when you press any button (start the game, load save)
In addition to the previous solutions, which may also help, we recommend trying several other methods. Some users experiencing similar problems spoke positively about them.
- Disable all overlays, which work when the game starts. It can be Geforce Experience, Discord overlay, or others.
- Turn off Steam Cloud… If that doesn’t work, you might want to try deleting the save as well, especially if you haven’t done a lot yet.
- Try to launch the game through exe file… It can be found through the “Browse local files” in the game properties via Steam.
- We change the parameters of the folder. Go to the directory where the game files are saved, right-click on it and uncheck the “Read-only” flag.
The game freezes badly in cut scenes for 30 seconds
The power of the computer has nothing to do with it, since even those who have the RTX3080Ti installed complain about it. The problem is again in the poor compatibility of the controller, but there are failures in the settings.
Solutions to the problem:
- To restart a computerafter disconnecting the Xbox controller. Only after launching it we connect the gamepad. There should be no lags.
- Resetting the game settings to factory defaults… The default settings work better and often helps.
The game crashes when the video starts or a black screen appears
Together, we were able to determine that the problem is in the Media Foundation library. It has a feature that is not intended for Windows 7, it can only work in Windows 8.1 and 10.
How can you get out of the situation:
- Upgrade your operating system to Windows 10…
- Download and install virtual Linux via VirtualBox or other software, and then play the game through Proton.
- Move save files to a USB flash drive, transfer them to another computer, overcome the problem area and return them back.
There are other more commonplace problems with classic solutions that you can always try. This includes updating graphics drivers, Windows, switching to windowed mode, etc. Most of the problems that users of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 complain about can be fixed by the methods listed above.