Error code E-8210604A appears on both PS4 and PS5 users. It does not allow you to buy a PS Plus subscription or even renew it if you have an active membership now. We managed to find out that the whole point is in a problem that Sony does not dare to fix even after a few months, as many users began to write about it on the forums. The good news is that there are a couple of ways to get around this limitation. Here are the steps to fix “An Error has occurred. (E-8210604A) “.
Method 1: re-login to PlayStation Network
Before starting more complex fixes, you should check that it is not a common PSN crash. Some of the users affected by the error (E-8210604A) confirmed that after logging out and logging back into their account, the purchase of a subscription becomes available. This can be done in the settings, in the “Other” section of the “PlayStation Network” tab.
Method 2: buy a subscription from other sellers
To purchase a new or renew your existing PSN membership, you can purchase this service from retail stores rather than from Sony. On the shelves of game distributors there is a special card with a code that can activate a subscription. Maybe such a card will cost a little more than buying a subscription directly.
You can also make a purchase in an online store, in which case the seller simply provides the code. You can enter it on the landing page of your PSN account. After successful activation, the subscription will be renewed.
Method 3: change your email address
It looks a little strange, but some users noted that it helped them. To buy a PSN subscription without error E-8210604A on PS4, PS5, you just need to change the email associated with your account. An important nuance is that there are more chances for a successful error correction if the new mailbox address belongs to Gmail.
How to do it:
- Open the Sony account management page in any browser.
- Go to the page “Security” in the block on the left “.
- In the line “Email-address”, click on the “Change” button.
- In a new window, specify a new email address and click on the “Save” button.
- Re-enter the password from the profile.
- Go to the mail that was linked to the PSN and click on the “Confirm Now” button.
- Re-enter your account on the console and try to buy a PSN subscription.
Method 4: top up the wallet in advance
The most common reason for the E-8210604A error when purchasing PS + from the PSN store is the refusal of the card issuer. This has become increasingly common lately due to the tightening of security protocols in many banks in relation to the PS Store. This was preceded by a large wave of fraud through this platform.
To work around the problem, just open the “Add Funds” page and pay a check to fund your account with money from any convenient platform. Now, when you add a subscription to the cart, it will be paid with funds from the profile, without requiring a connection to the bank.
Method 5: delete the linked card
A significant proportion of users claim they had a problem with a connected card for purchases on the PS Store. The thing is that it is overdue, the data in the bank has been changed or some other corrections have been made. Removing and re-adding the map should help.
What do we have to do:
- Opening the page PlayStation Store and log into your account.
- After successful authorization, click on the avatar of your account and select “Manage payments”.
- Click on the map that is currently installed by default.
- On the screen with the card data, click on the “Delete” button and confirm the action in the next request.
- In the window with the choice of cards, click on the “Add” button, then – “Map” and indicate its current data.
An alternative option is to try to buy a subscription through PayPal, if possible. This workaround is even recommended by official Sony support. However, PayPal is not supported in all countries, but it is possible that there is an alternative payment system in your region that can be used to fund your wallet.