How to get rid of error CE-108255-1 on PS5?
Some players are reporting error CE-108255-1 on PlayStation 5 with a wide variety of games. The problem is extremely serious because it interferes with normal use of the console. In today’s article we will try to figure out with you what is the error CE-108255-1 on PS5 and how to get rid of it.
Reasons for CE-108255-1 on PS5
It is important to note that the CE-108255-1 code can occur not only with a particular game, but with all the games in the console’s library in principle. Moreover, some players argue that such a mistake completely prevents access to the PlayStation Network service, which, in a sense, is an even more serious problem.
After reviewing the available information, we came to the conclusion that CE-108255-1 may occur for the following reasons:
- Corrupted game files. If the error in question occurs only with a specific game in your library, then you are almost certainly dealing with damaged game files of this particular game. These files also include save files.
- Damaged or dirty game disc. Some players note that they only encounter error CE-108255-1 when they try to play the disc version of a game, for example, Demon’s Souls. Damage or contamination of the game disc can cause the error to appear.
- Unknown bug in PS5 OS. Various errors during PS5 operation can occur as a result of incorrect operation of the console operating system. SONY regularly releases new firmware versions for its brainchild, but problems occur even after updates.
- Console hardware problems. In rare cases, the appearance of CE-108255-1 can be triggered by a serious PS5 hardware problem.
How to fix error CE-108255-1 on PS5
Method # 1 Updating the game
If you encounter error CE-108255-1 while playing a specific game, then you need to update the latter. Do you have an up-to-date version of the game? Well, then the problem is clearly something else – let’s move on.
Method # 2 Update PS5 Firmware
Regardless of whether you are faced with those. problems or not, you need to constantly monitor the relevance of the software (firmware) of your console. Go to your PS5 settings (Control Center → Download from the network / to the network → Software update → View error information) and start the installation of the current software version. If for some reason you are unable to install the latest firmware, use USB stick…
Method # 3 Complete reinstallation of the game
Corrupted game files / save files can cause error CE-108255-1 on PS5. First, try booting into an earlier state of your passage. If nothing has changed and you are still facing the error, then your next step is to completely reinstall the problematic game. True, the reinstallation procedure will potentially take a long time, but it can help you get rid of the error. To delete this or that game, go to the storage section (games and applications) on your console.
Method # 4 Cleaning up the game disk
If the CE-108255-1 error occurs only while playing the disc version of a game, then the problem may lie in the optical media itself. Remove the disc from the console drive and carefully inspect its surface. Scratches, cracks, dirt and fingerprints can all interfere with the PS5’s normal disc reading. Make sure that everything is in order with your disk, wipe it if necessary, and then restart the game. If possible, try out the digital version of the game.
Method # 5 Database reconstruction
Rebuilding the PS5 database is the last thing you should do in the event of error CE-108255-1. This operation is intended exclusively for advanced users, because it requires entering PS5 Safe Mode, and not every console owner will go for it. It’s important to note, however, that getting into Safe Mode is an incredibly easy task that doesn’t pose any kind of danger.
To enter PS5 Safe Mode, you need to do the following:
- press the PS5 on / off button and hold it for three seconds;
- having completely turned off the PS5, again hold down the on / off button on the case;
- release the on / off button when you hear the second (!) beep;
- connect the controller to the console with a cable (wireless mode does not work!) and press the PS button.
Once you’re in Safe Mode, go down the list and select Rebuild Database. The renovation process can take an extremely long time, and therefore you can go and do something else. When you return, launch the problem toy and check for error CE-108255-1.