How to make money fast in Red Dead Online
Making money in Red Dead Online is slightly different than in Red Dead Redemption 2 or in the same GTA Online. Instead of one type of currency, you have to deal with two (dollars and gold), and their accumulation is much slower compared to the story campaign, in which your pockets are almost always filled with thousands of dollars.
In today’s article, we’ll take a look at how to make money fast in Red Dead Online. We won’t talk about gold too much, because it can be obtained through microtransactions. Much faster, right?
How money works in Red Dead Online
At first, it may seem that money in Red Dead Online works exactly the same as in Red Dead Redemption 2. You still earn cash for doing most of the activities, in varying amounts, and you still buy useful or just beautiful things for its passage. But what is gold used for?
Gold allows you to purchase cosmetic improvements for your character in Red Dead Online, as well as equipment that is closed until a certain level is reached. For example, the ability to quickly move from your camp becomes available upon reaching level 65, but with the help of gold, you can open a fast travel from the very beginning of the game.
Ordinary money, dollars, is used to purchase things familiar to the story campaign: weapons, ammunition, provisions, tonics, and so on. Dollars can only be obtained as you progress through Red Dead Online, gold for completing or through microtransactions. However, it is extremely difficult to mine gold directly in the game itself and in small quantities for obvious reasons.
The economies of Red Dead Online and Red Dead Redemption 2 are completely different beasts. In Red Dead Online, every item has an extremely inflated price tag. For example, a pistol that cost $ 150-200 in a single player game will cost players somewhere in the $ 1000 in multiplayer. And this “inflation” is observed with almost all subjects. True, over time, Rockstar nevertheless slightly adjusted the price tags and it became much easier to live in the Wild West.
How to make money fast in Red Dead Online
- Hunting and fishing. Of course, fishing and hunting you will not hit the jackpot, but you will certainly be able to make good money. As you may recall, the economy of Red Dead Online is of a slightly different caliber, but with regard to the sale of carcasses, skins and fish, everything has remained approximately at the same level as in Red Dead Redemption 2. Both must be sold to butchers (they are marked on the world map). If you prefer to go fishing, we recommend catching salmon.
- Gathering everything and everyone. The most obvious tip for making money is to collect whatever is not nailed to the floor, search every corpse, every locker and cupboard. Of course, such a method is not quick to call the language, but over time you will accumulate quite a decent amount for yourself.
- Play multiplayer modes. There is an insane number of different game modes in Red Dead Online, with solid payouts for participating and winning. However, don’t expect to make a fortune in an hour of continuous play. You will have to farm money for a long time, monotonously, until you reach the required amount. We recommend paying attention to the large series of Adversaries.
- Treasure maps. These maps work a little differently than the maps from the story mode of Red Dead Redemption 2. You don’t have to follow a series of hidden maps to find a large treasure in the finale. As soon as you find a map in Red Dead Online, a mark will appear on the main map of the game, in which the treasure will be located. We go to the marked point and take away the treasure. Typically, the treasure is a couple hundred dollars, some gold, and some trinkets. You get one of the cards immediately at the very beginning of the game and another one upon reaching level 10 (check your mail). Other cards can be found in the open world, such as in bandit camps.
- Completing story missions. As with the single player game, in Red Dead Online you will receive various rewards for completing story missions, including money. Of course, the same untold wealth as in the story mode does not shine for you. You will still be poor enough to consider buying gold, which is by design by the developers themselves.
You can make money quickly in Red Dead Online, but this speed is extremely relative. The economy of the multiplayer Wild West is incredibly brutal, and therefore you will have to work hard to become really rich – or at least a middle-class thug. Good luck with your adventures in Red Dead Online!