How to properly clean your PS4 from dust?
The PlayStation 4 is a performance monster when it comes to awesome games, movies, and VR content. But after some time after the initial purchase, users notice a slight drop in performance and an increase in the noise coming from the running console. The reason is dust that accumulates in the cooling system of the console during its operation. For the set-top box to work as efficiently as possible and, just as importantly, quietly, it must be kept clean. Some PS4 owners avoid this job because they think the console will need to be disassembled. Nevertheless, preventive cleaning can be easily done without having to disassemble the device. Today we will show you how to do it.
Table of Contents
- Three cans of compressed air
- Microfiber cloths
- PlayStation 4 storage case
- Disinfectant wipes
Dusting the PlayStation 4
- Point a compressed air canister spray at the vents on the console. It should be 1-2 cm away from the ventilation hole.
- Keep the jar upright to prevent moisture from entering the attachment.
- Press the button intermittently, in dimensional bursts, periodically peeking into the vents to make sure you are free of all the dust.
- Microfiber Cloth – Helps to remove dust or residues that may be found elsewhere on the console.
- Also, microfiber cloths are needed to wipe the top, side, front and back surfaces of the set-top box.
- If traces of heavy dirt are found on the fabric, then the napkin must be replaced. Use the cloth while it is damp.
How to clean your Dualshock 4 joysticks
Just like a set-top box, joysticks can collect dust.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe the dust off the controllers.
- Avoid getting moisture from the wipe into the headphone jacks and other ports.
- When wiping the controller, pay particular attention to all buttons and triggers located on the top of the controller.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe the indicator lights on the controller. Keep the fabric only slightly damp.
Of course, it is simply impossible to completely clean the system from dust with the indicated steps. However, thanks to them, you will be able to maintain at least minimal cleanliness. For a complete cleaning, you still have to resort to disassembling the console and thoroughly cleaning the cooling system. If you are not confident in your abilities, then we recommend contacting the nearest service center for the help of specialists. Such a procedure should not cost a round sum, although it really depends on the specific SC.
Tips for keeping your PlayStation 4 clean
- Keep the console away from pets. If you have a dog or cat in your home, keep the console as far away from the floor as possible to prevent pet hair from entering the system.
- Avoid glass surfaces – glass attracts dust. If you place your PS4 on a glass table, the system will need to be cleaned about once a week.
- It is not recommended to install the attachment in confined spaces where there is no place for normal air circulation. They increase the operating temperature and accelerate the accumulation of dust in / on the device.
- Do not smoke indoors: Cigarette smoke settles on surfaces and contaminates your console even faster.
The set-top box gets covered with dust, regardless of whether it is on a shelf, a special cabinet or anywhere else. Therefore, it is important to know how to properly clean it from dust and return it to working condition. If the room intends to carry out repairs or other work related to the increased appearance of dust, then you can purchase a special case for storing the set-top box.
Recommended products for keeping your PlayStation 4 clean
- Compressed air is a must have for every technician or simple electronics enthusiast. It is useful not only for the PlayStation 4, but also for cleaning other devices.
- Microfiber cloths are good not only for glasses, phone or computer screens, but also for PlayStation 4.
- The PlayStation 4 Dust Cover is the perfect addition to your set-top box. You can store your PlayStation 4 in it to prevent dust and dirt from entering your console.
- Alcohol and paraben-free disinfectant wipes may also be helpful. They are safe for skin, screens, sensitive materials and joysticks.