How to recover deleted browser history from Yandex, Chrome, Opera?
Each visit to the site by the user is saved in the browser history. The time of the visit and the name of the search are also displayed. The user has full access to this history and at any time can delete it in whole or in part. Sometimes the owner can accidentally delete all the data. Can this be fixed and how can I recover my browser history? We will consider these issues in detail below.
Is it possible to recover browser history?
You can delete history either through the browser itself or using special programs. In the latter case, it is impossible to restore it, since all data is completely deleted, along with the cache and cookies. If the history was deleted through the browser, then you can try to restore it.
How to recover deleted browser history?
There are several ways to recover deleted history.
Method 1: view the cache and cookies in the browser
This method will not allow you to completely restore all the information in the same volume. But if the user needs to see when and where they entered from this device, then this method is suitable. In order to view cookies and cache, you need:
- Go to the “Settings” menu of the browser, select “Personal data” and then “Content settings”.
- In the tab that opens, select “Cookies” and click on “All cookies and site data”.
- The new menu will show the sites to which the transitions were made.
In addition, if the cache has not been cleaned for a long time, then the history can be viewed through it. Each browser has its own link for viewing cached files. For example:
- Google Chrome: chrome: // cache /
- Mozilla Firefox: about: cache? Device = disk
- Opera: opera: cache
Important! This method can only be used if the cache and cookies were not deleted when deleting history on a laptop or PC.
Method 2: view online data
You can also view and restore history online on your phone or computer using the cloud storage. But for this method to help, the user must have an account in Google or Yandex browser. To view history in this way, you need:
- Launch a web browser, enter its menu, and then “Settings”.
- After that, you need to log in by clicking on the inscription “Login” or “Personal Account”. If these items are missing, then the user is not authorized in the system.
- Then you need to select “Advanced synchronization settings”, which will restore the log.
This cloud storage stores history for the last two to three months. Older entries are automatically deleted. This is an easy way to find out information, but if the user does not have an account in the system, then this will not work.
Another way is to use Google “My Actions”, but again it will only help if the user has an account in the system and he was logged in while using the browser. All visited pages from any devices connected to your account are saved in “My Activities”.
To view the information, you must:
- Go to your Google account and select the section “My actions“.
- In this section, you can see all the information about visits to sites and other actions that have been performed by the user from the moment they logged into their account. A convenient filter will help you choose the required time period for display.
Important! This method is also possible only if the “Activity Tracking” function is not turned off in the account settings.
Method 3: through another device on which the data was synced
Synchronization is a special feature that allows you to save personal data across multiple devices. If it was turned on before cleaning, then it is easy to restore it. There are a few easy steps to follow:
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the “Settings” section.
- Go to “General settings” select “Synchronization settings”.
- In the section that opens, click “Disable synchronization”.
- Restart the browser, enter the settings again and “Turn on synchronization”. After that, all the data that has been loaded a long time ago is automatically loaded into the browser.
Important! The method will only help if, during the deletion of the history, the second device (smartphone or tablet on Android) was disconnected from the Internet. Otherwise, the data will be deleted simultaneously on two devices and it will not be possible to restore them.
This method is applicable today to all browsers: Google, Yandex, Opera.
Method 4: roll back Windows changes
System Rollback is a versatile Windows recovery tool. It is used to return the operating system to a healthy state. For example, if poor-quality programs, game drivers, etc. were installed that damaged the system files.
System rollback after deleting the browser history takes place in several stages:
- Open the “System” folder through the “Start” menu.
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”.
- In the terminal that appears, enter rstrui and press Enter. As a result, the recovery program will start, in which you need to click next.
- A restore point with a date prior to deleting history in the browser is now selected.
- Depending on the version of the operating system, the recovery will start immediately or after several clicks on the “Next” button.
- The computer restarts and you can view your browser history.
Important! This method is only suitable if a restore point was created, which is not always the case.
Method 5: use the DNS cache
The OS temporarily saves data from DNS, and then deletes it after restarting the PC. When the user deletes the browser history, the cache is not deleted. Thanks to this, you can see the domains that you switched to.
This will not allow you to restore history, but this method allows you to see the sites to which you were connecting.
- Press the combination Windows + R and enter the command “cmd” in the “Run” window that appears.
- In response, a command line terminal will open, in which you need to write ipconfig / displaydns.
- After that, all sites to which the user went will be shown. However, only website addresses will be listed here, not site pages.
- To flush the DNS cache, enter ipconfig / flushdns at the command prompt and press Enter.
These several methods will help if the user has deleted the history in the browser and does not know how to restore it. They do not require special knowledge, skills and a lot of time.