How to remove error 0x000003e3 in Windows 11, 10, 7?
Code 0x000003e3 is very old, the first error messages appeared back in 2013. Since then, Microsoft has not fixed the cause of the crash, so even today the crash remains relevant. Appears when trying to connect or share a network printer. Error 0x000003e3 is complex in that it can appear for completely different reasons, there is no universal fix for the problem. In each of the known methods, there are people who thanked the author for the effectiveness of the method, and those who did not get relief. We have collected everything that works for other users, maximizing your chances of getting a positive effect.
Causes of Error 0x000003e3
Conventionally, there are only 3 groups of problems that lead to this error:
- Incorrect connection settings.
- Problematic software.
- Faulty drivers.
How to fix error 0x000003e3?
Usually it is impossible to add a shared printer precisely because of incorrect connection parameters. A little less often – due to the crooked software of some developers. In some cases, the matter is in the drivers, but we will no longer describe the procedure for reinstalling them for the hundredth time. Most likely, you yourself will deal with it.
Setting up the connection
Here are some tricks and some non-obvious settings, changing which has a very high chance of success.
What to do in case of error 0x000003e3:
- Add parameters for automatic connection (recommend). More than 10 people called this method effective. We need to enter the command rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr in the “Run” line (opens with the Win + R combination) and press Enter. Click on the “Add” button in the new window. In the first line we insert the IP address of the printer in this format \ 192.168.0.190 (may differ), below we insert the login and password of the user who has the right to use the printer.
- Configure sharing options. Open the “Network and Sharing Center”, click on the link “Change advanced sharing settings”. We check that “Enable network discovery” is active. In the “File and Printer Sharing” block, set the flag in the “Enable” field. Most importantly, in the “Homegroup Connections” section, select “Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers.”
- Try to connect to the printer using IP address. Instead of its name, you should try using an IP address. This is especially true for those who are trying to connect to a printing device for the first time. After connecting, the required driver will be automatically installed.
What else should you try?
On some forums, there are interesting messages about non-standard ways to fix errors:
- Uninstall Trend Micro program… Some software versions negatively affect the computer’s ability to connect to the printer.
- Tweak registry… There is evidence that this works. You need to go to the registry editor along the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet001 Control Print Printers * Your printer name * CopyFiles and delete the entire ICM folder.
- Reinstall printer… Detailed instructions are in the forum thread Microsoftbut in English.
So far, these are all ways to fix error 0x000003e3 that have a good chance of success. Everything else is either not confirmed, or, in our opinion, works in an extremely small percentage of cases.
We need your help now. Please, unsubscribe about the results of the procedures performed and share additional information about the problem that you managed to find out.