How to resolve error code 9004 Genshin Impact on PC?
Genshin Impact is an RPG game developed by a Chinese company. Here is an open world that every gamer can conquer with his character. The game is not abandoned by the developers and is constantly being updated, new locations, quests and characters are added. But along with the new content of version 1.3, users encountered error 9004. It is described like this: “Failed to load resource files or network error.” This failure can be solved on your own, there are several simple ways.
Method 1: recovering game files
Since the error most often manifests itself after the update, the problem may be in the damage of the download files. This happens in the event of interruptions during downloads, aggressive antivirus software, or viruses on the system. It is necessary to try to restore the game files, most often this solves the error 9004.
To do this, you need to do the following:
- Launch the Genshin Impact launcher, through which you always enter the game.
- In the upper right corner, select the “Settings” item.
- Click Recover Files.
- Select “Restore Now”.
The file recovery process takes a lot of time, but after it is over, the problem may be resolved. After that, you need to try to start the game in a standard way. Most often, users are helped by file recovery and everything works in normal mode, but there are those who see the same error 9004 again. If the problem manifests itself again, then you need to move on to the next solution.
Method 2: reinstalling the game
Reinstalling the game will fix any issue with it or launching it. But the problem is that the standard removal method does not give the desired result. It is necessary to clear the system from various cache files and the registry from the data saved by this game. If this is not done, the problem may remain after reinstallation.
To properly uninstall the game, you must perform the following steps:
- Press Windows Key + R, the Run window will open.
- Write “AppData” in the search bar.
- In the folder that opens, find the “LocalLow” directory and delete the “miHoYo” file here.
- Use the Windows search in the lower left part near the start and write in the line “regedit”.
- Right click on “Registry Edit” and select “Run as administrator”.
- Here open the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” directory and then “Software”.
- Next, find the “miHoYo” folder and delete “Genshin Impact” in it.
After that, you need to launch the Genshin Impact launcher, where you will be prompted to download and install the game. It takes a little time to download, but after that everything should work. After such manipulations with reinstallation, you will need to re-enter your username and password in order to gain access to personal characters and items. If the password has been lost, it can be restored in the standard way.