How to troubleshoot errors while launching Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord?
This tutorial article should help you troubleshoot Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord during game launch or loading screen. After analyzing the main problems, we were able to find several effective ways to fix the problems.
Table of Contents
.NET Framework error
It is recommended to uninstall .Net Framework, even if the software is the most current version 4.8. You can download the new runtime from official site, and then follow the standard installation path of the program.
Steam API error during initialization
The current challenge is to allow the firewall to pass traffic and allow Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord to function normally.
How to achieve this:
- Search for “Windows Browndwall” and open the item of the same name.
- Go to “Allow interaction with the application”.
- Check the boxes next to the game and save the adjustments.
Refusal from beta testing
- Open the Steam installed on your computer, click on “Steam” in the upper left corner of the window and go to the client settings.
- Go to “Account” and click on “Change”.
- In the next window, click on the drop-down menu and select the “Opt out” option and confirm the changes.
We issue Steam the necessary rights
- Open the properties of the Steam executable.
- Go to the file compatibility settings and activate the option to run the program from the admin.
- Confirm the changes and start Steam to check if it is working properly.
Graphics card problems
Do not try to install video drivers from some “left” sources – use the official pages of GPU manufacturers. You can download drivers for AMD video cards here, and for Nvidia video cards – here…
Hardware detection correction
Various people on the Internet say that they launched the brand new Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord helped Intel Chipset Device Software… Of course, this solution will only work for owners with an Intel chipset. But what exactly does this program do? It creates an INF file that helps the operating system to correctly configure the computer hardware. Install ICDS, work with it and restart your computer, then try again to launch Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.