When replenishing its own Music Library on Apple Music, the smartphone thinks that the user wants to immediately download it to local storage. In fact, this is not at all necessary, there is often no desire to waste the device’s memory on various songs. It’s a double-edged sword: you don’t want to delete old songs you like, but you don’t want to keep them on your phone either. The best way to deal with the situation is to disable downloading songs from the Library.
How do I set the desired settings on iPad and iPhone?
In total, you need to complete 3 steps:
- Go to the “Settings” application and click on the “Music” item.
- Change the position of the switch nearby from “Automatic downloads”.
- Exit to the main menu.
Setting method on Mac
- Launch the iTunes application and click on the “Settings” button.
- Go to the “Downloads” tab.
- Deselect the Startup category next to the Music section.
- Press the “Ok” button.
Important! Here you can also remove the download of TV series and films.
After turning off automatic music download, all songs remain available in Apple Music. The only difference is that you always have to have access to the Internet to listen to them.