How to view, add and remove a program from startup in Windows 10, 8, 7?
Startup is a function that automatically opens the required program after the operating system is fully loaded. Sometimes you have to configure autoloading yourself. Next, let’s talk about how to disable autorun, or, conversely, enable the necessary utilities in it, in different versions of the Windows operating system.
How to go to startup?
To find out where startup is located and how to enter it, just follow simple steps.
To enter autoload in the tenth version of the OS, you need:
- Enter the “Task Manager” using the key combinations Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- In the new window, click on the “Details” button located at the bottom left.
- A new window will appear with the Startup tab.
Windows 8, 8.1
Despite the fact that this version of the OS is not so popular, many are interested in how to view startup and edit it. In Windows 8, you can enter the startup menu in the same way as described above. In Windows 8.1, this method can also be applied, but there are still others.
To open startup, it’s worth:
- Call the “Run” window by pressing Win + R at the same time.
- In the window that appears, enter the shell: startup command and click OK or Enter.
- A folder with startup programs will open, the full path to which is C: ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup.
How to open startup in the “seven”:
- Press Win + R at the same time.
- In the “Run” window that appears, enter the msconfig command.
- In the “System Configuration” window that opens, go to the “Startup” tab located at the top.
How to add a program to startup?
There are several ways to add a program or game to startup. Let’s take a closer look at the example of GTA.
The first way is simple. You need to go along the path C: ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs StartUp and copy the GTA game shortcut to the folder. After that, the computer needs to be restarted. The game will now start automatically after turning on the computer.
The second way is a little more complicated – adding it using the registry editor. For this you need:
- Call the “Run” window by pressing Win + R or by clicking on the “Start” button with the right mouse button and selecting the appropriate menu item.
- In the window that opens, enter “regedit” and click “OK”.
- Two sections are responsible for autoloading, which are displayed on the left HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run (if there is only one user) and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run (for multiple users).
- Having chosen the necessary path, you need to click in the window on the right with the RMB, calling the context menu and select “New”, and then “String parameter”. The name can be specified as you wish.
- Now you need to specify the path to the program. To do this, click on the created RMB parameter and select “Change”, specify the location of the GTA game and click OK.
- After we restart the computer and the game will load automatically.
Important! In the absence of certain knowledge, you should not use the registry editor, since you can accidentally make changes that negatively affect the operation of the computer.
How to remove a game or program from autorun?
If the system takes too long to boot, it is often the case that too many programs are enabled.
How to remove startup.
- After entering the startup in Windows 7, a large list of applications that run simultaneously with the system opens in front of the user. To remove unnecessary ones, just uncheck the boxes next to them, click on the “Apply” button and restart your computer.
- In newer Windows 10 and 8, after entering the “Task Manager”, and then – in the startup, a list with programs will also appear. To turn off an unnecessary one, you should right-click on it and select “Disable”.
After these steps, the programs will not interfere during system boot. The main thing is not to disable all programs in a row, because certain ones are responsible for the stable operation of the computer. Knowing how to disable autoload, it is possible to significantly speed up the system or add programs for self-launching, which will save time.