lags and how to get rid of them
Some users experience lags when using PS4 remote play. It should be noted right away that it is quite difficult to find the reason behind the occurrence of lags and it will take some time to do this. In this article, we’ll show you how you can get rid of lags when broadcasting images via remote playback on your PS4 console.
How to fix controller lags
For, let’s try to implement the most elementary solutions and see where it takes us.
- Make sure your DualShock 4 controller is fully charged. With a low battery, the controller may start to operate with slight delays or, more simply, lags. Try charging it fully.
- Connect the controller via USB cable. Having problems with control lags, it is worth trying to connect your controller to the console using a USB cable. If the lags disappear with a wired connection, then perhaps something is wrong with the wireless module of the controller itself.
- Disable other wireless devices. Some wireless devices may interfere with the operation of the DualShock 4 controller. Try moving these devices away from the console, or turning them off completely during a gaming session.
- Make sure there are no obstructions between the console and the controller. It is possible that it is interfering with the normal connection between the controller and the PS4. If something is lying directly in front of the console, such as a stack of books, then it needs to be removed.
The last two solutions might not be helpful if you’re using the PS4’s remote play feature in a room that doesn’t have the console itself. If none of the above solutions helped you get rid of lags during broadcasts, then you can try your luck with restarting your PS4.
How to restart PS4
- Hold the PS4 power button for 7 seconds and the console will emit two beeps, notifying you that it is shutting down;
- to reset the controller, press the button in the hole next to the L2 button, pin or paper clip and hold it for five seconds;
- connect the controller to the console using a USB cable;
- turn on your PS4.
We also recommend that you reboot the device you are streaming from your PS4 to. If the reboot did not help to get rid of lags during remote playback, then you can try to lower the settings of the broadcast itself.
How to lower the broadcast quality
- Launch PS4 remote control on the device you need;
- select “Settings” in the lower left corner;
- under Remote Play Video Quality, find the drop-down menu and select Standard Definition (540p);
- Frame Rate can be set to Standard;
- click “OK” to save the settings;
- now click on the “Run” button.
We hope that at least something we have suggested in this article helped you to get rid of – or at least partially reduce – lags during PS4 remote playback. If all else fails, then we can assume that the lags are caused by your network connection or Wi-Fi router.