Mistake “Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Generic Error” may appear when launching any game that uses the BattlEye anti-cheat system. Today it is used in many popular shooters and battle royale: Arma, Fortnite, Insurgency, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege. After enabling them, the above error may appear, after which the launch stops and so on. Let’s consider the reasons and solutions for the BattlEye anti-cheat failure.
Sources of the problem
Potential causes of malfunction:
- Blocking the operation of the BattlEye service by antivirus software or firewall. The antivirus incorrectly believes that the application contains a threat to the security of the computer.
- Damage to individual “BattlEye” files or their deletion. Even an incorrect value in one file can lead to a fatal error.
- The application is not installed correctly. Probably, there were errors during the installation or a computer
How do I fix the error?
To fix the problem, you need to get rid of the cause of the error. How can I do that:
- Restart your computer. It is important to turn off your PC and then turn it back on. Going to sleep or hibernation is not appropriate.
- Disable antivirus temporarily. Most often, antivirus software is located on the right side of the taskbar. You may have to click on the up arrow located to the left of the computer time to find the icon. To turn off the antivirus, right-click on its icon and select the appropriate item. For example, in “Avast” the section is called “Managing Avast Screens”, here you can select the time to disconnect.
- Closure of third-party gaming services. Press “Ctrl + Alt + Del” and close the services “Uplay”, “Origin”, “Oculus”, etc.
- Anti-cheat system update. The update occurs automatically, but only if the game is updated to the latest version. You need to install all available DLCs and patches into the game, along with them, “BattlEye” will be updated.
- Installing “BattlEye” if it was removed or not installed at all. The required file is already in the game folder. You need to go to the path “Steam SteamApps common ”, and then open the directory with the name of the game. Inside there is a folder “BEsetup”, in which you should run the file “setup_BattlEyeARMA2”. The prefix at the end depends on the game in which the system is installed. After installing “BattlEye” you need to restart your PC.
These measures are enough to eliminate almost any errors related to the BattlEye anti-cheat.