Roblox is a powerful online gaming platform. There are a lot of opportunities for both their creation and selection to your taste. Moreover, it is available on almost all platforms: Android, PC, Xbox and some others. All players, regardless of the device they are playing on, can experience error 524 in Roblox. The message says that “you do not have permission.” There is a crash when trying to connect to the VIP server.
Original error message: Not authorized to join this game (Error Code: 524)
In Russian, the error sounds like this: “Not authorized to connect to this game (error code: 524)”
The error appears regardless of the modes you play. When trying to connect to some server, a failure with code 524 may appear. Moreover, it occurs relatively often.
How to fix error 524 in Roblox?
The good news is that there are several workarounds that will achieve the main goal – to play with friends on some kind of server. Only you immediately need to clarify a couple of points:
- Are the servers active Roblox… If you have everything you need to connect to the server, it may just be inactive. On that website Roblox down detector you can see the current state of affairs.
- Is your account activated… It can be temporarily disabled or completely blocked. Perhaps the server administrators have banned you.
Method 1: allow receiving invitations
To be able to connect to the VIP server in any game, you need to receive an individual invitation from a player with sufficient authority. However, to do this, you must allow the forwarding of invitations, otherwise you may not receive it.
What do we have to do:
- In the Roblox app go to “Settings” in the “Privacy Settings” section.
- Scroll down to the “Who can invite me to the VIP server” section and select the “Everyone” option.
- After saving the changes, you need to find an invitation from those who play on this server.
- If the player accepts the invitation, you can click on the “Connect to the game” button, but this time without error.
Method 2: starting a new server
By creating a new server in your favorite game, error 524 in Roblox can disappear. Ideally, of course, have a dedicated server for such cases, but a computer will do as well. An important condition is that you need to invite at least 5 friends. Everything else is a matter of technology.
Method 3: setting up the connection
There are several things to do: reset the temporary network data and change the DNS address. To complete the first task, you need to enter in the command line ipconfig / flushdns, and then netsh winsock reset… The second step – in the connection properties, replace DNS with 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 – these are public DNS from Google.
Method 4: disable ad blocker
There are many known cases where a stock ad blocking app interferes with Roblox. For some reason, some services see an advertising service in this game, cutting off the connection with its servers. If a program for removing unwanted banners is installed on the system, it should be disabled.
Method 5: reinstall Roblox
It makes little sense to describe the process of uninstalling and reinstalling, the main thing here is to say that you need to clean the remaining files after uninstallation. This can be done by special programs for complete removal, like iObit Uninstaller.
The last options for solving the problem will be to contact support (click here). However, there is a fairly large confidence that this will not have to be done. One of the previous methods should help fix error 524 in Roblox.