Solution for error 0x000006BA in Windows 10
Many Windows 10 users get error code 0x000006BA when trying to print a document. Also, this failure can appear when connecting the printer to a computer or when adding a new device for printing to an existing network. Sometimes, even when the print service is activated, this breakdown appears. What this may be related to and how to fix this error is the topic of our current guide.
Causes of error 0x000006BA in Windows 10
There can be quite a few breakdowns that lead to error 0x000006BA, among them:
- Printer settings failed… It simply cannot sync with the computer, does not return to a working state. In this case, a printer troubleshooting tool is often helpful.
- There is a problem with the Print Spooler service. It is available in all operating systems and, in the event of a hang, provokes the appearance of a similar error. By the way, this happens quite often. Restarting the service should help.
- Corrupted data in the PRINTERS directory. Most often, those who have encountered this problem have previously connected other printing devices to the computer. They leave behind various residual files that can interfere with the operation of the new machine. Clearing old data should help.
- System file malfunction… Various Windows 10 files take part in printing documents and if they are damaged, for any reason, a message with the code 0x000006BA may appear. A standard utility for fixing such problems often helps.
- Printer sharing disabled… This can happen for those who are trying to connect to a printer connected over a local network. Most often, the matter is that the functions of the shared access to the MFP are turned off. Enabling it should help.
How to fix error 0x000006BA?
Having found out the causes of this problem, it is worth moving on to the methods of correcting it. This list contains only those solutions that have already worked in practice with other users. Most likely, some of this will work in your case as well.
Method 1: use the troubleshooter
It’s foolish to ignore the comprehensive printer crash fixing tool that comes with Windows 10. It’s not only effective, but also easy to use. Most commonplace problems will disappear by themselves, especially since the developers update this tool and respond to new problems in a timely manner.
How to fix crash with code 0x000006BA in Windows 10:
- Use the Win + R keys to call the “Run” window, paste there ms-settings: troubleshoot and press the Ok button.
- On the “Troubleshooting” page, select the “Printer” item. By the way, if the command didn’t work for you, this section can be found in the “Control Panel”.
- We activate the item “Run the troubleshooter”.
- After the diagnostic process and the choice of the mode for solving the problem, click on the “Apply this fix” button.
- We reboot the computer and wait for the download.
In some cases, additional steps may be required, but usually the troubleshooting wizard will provide instructions on what to do and how to do it.
Method 2: restarting the print manager
If the built-in tool has not identified the nature of the problem, the problem might be with the print service. Restarting the “Print Manager” often works both for those who encountered error 0x000006BA and for users with most printing problems.
What do we have to do:
- Press Win + R, enter services.msc and press Enter. If necessary, let us run the command in UAC (if a message appears on the screen).
- We are looking for the “Print Manager” service, right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- We stop the service with the “Stop” button, and then start it again.
- Set the “Startup type” to “Automatic”.
Method 3: clear the cache in the PRINTERS folder
If previously connected printers were not completely removed, and almost always are, some data is not overwritten. They are requested by a new device, cannot be processed due to differences in manufacturers and models, and an error is displayed. If you delete temporary files in the target folder, they will be re-generated, but this time they should be healthy.
- Disconnect all connected printers, including those connected via LAN or Wi-Fi.
- Open the folder along the path C: Windows System32 spool and select the PRINTERS directory.
- Inside the last depository, press Ctrl + A and click on the Del key.
- We confirm the deletion of files.
- We restart the computer and reconnect the printer.
Method 4: scan the system
Most likely something of the above should help. If this does not happen, we can conclude that the problem is in the corruption of system files. Despite the severity of the breakdown, it is really possible to fix it yourself using SFC and DISM.
- Enter in the search cmd and open “Command Prompt” with administrator privileges.
- Insert the command sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- We are waiting for the completion of the procedure, we restart the computer and check if there is a result.
- If the first remedy didn’t work, insert DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth and apply the command.
The main thing is not to turn off the computer during scanning, this can greatly disrupt the system’s performance.
Method 5: enable printer sharing
If a breakdown occurs when connecting to a printer inside the local network, the problem may be in the inactivity of Windows as a host. Some users were able to solve the problem through the “Printers and Scanners” panel on the computer and enable the sharing function. You just need to do everything on the main computer of the network.
Here’s how to do it:
- Insert the code into the “Run” line ms-settings: printers and click OK.
- We click on the printer with which there are problems and select “Control”, and then – “Printer Properties”.
- On the “Access” page, activate “Sharing this printer”.
- Click on “Apply” and close the window.
- We repeat step 1, but enter control.exe / name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter and apply with the Enter key.
- Go to “Change advanced sharing options” and check the box next to “Enable file and printer sharing.”
- We save the changes.
If everything was done according to the instructions, the error with code 0x000006BA in Windows 10 should not appear. At least the listed methods helped everyone. If you have any other solutions to the problem or questions, write in the comments.