The most anticipated PC games in August 2021
Present to your attention TOP 10 expected games in August.
Dagon: by HP Lovecraft
Short in duration, but immense in deep meaning interactive story based on the work of the great master of horror Howard Phillips Lovecraft. The developer promises to acquaint players with a hitherto unseen fearthat can take over the human mind. What if this mind was already drunk with morphine? It was in this situation that a retired naval officer found himself – the main character of the game and the story of the same name. Of the attractive features:
- Laconic plot, which is an atmospheric tour of the main world of Lovecraft and tells the story of the origin of myths about Cthulhu;
- Free access on the day of release;
- Sticky Horror, growing throughout the passage and capable of provoking insomnia and a feeling of insanity (according to the author himself).
The project is a tribute to the talent of the American writer and is timed to 131st anniversary his birth.
Release date – August 20, 2021.
The release of the next racing simulator, which is RiMS Racing, is unlikely to surprise fans of the F1 and Forza Motorsport series of games. However, the developers from Raceward Studio confident in their creation… They recreated in detail 8 motorcycles from real life, endowed them believable physics and placed in the framework of several recognizable tracks, where the riders will have to compete in the art of speed. And also in RiMS Racing it is possible:
- Customize motorcycle and racer. The game allows you to completely disassemble the iron horse, equip it with modern parts and customize it to your own driving style to create a complete synergy between the pilot and his racing beast.
- Build a career in the mode of the same name. The lion’s share of a team’s success depends on making the right strategic decisions at the right time.
- Explore legendary tracks and improve your skills. Both bots and real players can participate in the races. The competition is serious!
If the developers fulfill at least part of the promises they made, very soon the gaming industry will be replenished with a worthy motor simulator.
Release date – August 19, 2021.
While CD Projekt RED is frantically trying fix the consequences the premature release of Cyberpunk 2077, little-known Antab Studio decides to take control of the situation and is preparing to release a promising indie project in the genre of “Cyberpunk”. The game is positioned as interactive action adventure with comic drawing and the presence of RPG elements. The developers promise to surprise the players:
- An exciting story about a man who suddenly lost everything and ended up on the outskirts of society without implants and access to the global urban Network.
- Variable battles using all sorts of bundles of pumped cyberpunk abilities, environments and classic firearms.
- Submission of the plot in the style of a graphic novel. Comic book lovers will love it.
FORECLOSED does not promise to revolutionize the genre, but the idea itself and the way it is implemented is extremely curious.
Release date – August 12, 2021.
In August, the genre of session survival simulators will be replenished with one more representatives. This time the players will have to fight for your life on an alien planet, which is an inexhaustible source of valuable resources for the space station. The local flora and fauna is extremely aggressive towards alien prospectors, so any sortie can be for the main character and his companions the last…
- Survival… Changing weather conditions, a toxic atmosphere, a constant shortage of supplies and oxygen, as well as a permanent threat from wild animals complicate the process of completing a key mission.
- The interactive world… According to the developers, any tree or stone can be mined and used to create more complex mechanisms and technologies.
- Countdown… The time allotted for completing the tasks of the expedition is limited. If you do not have time to get to the place of evacuation of the shuttle, you can forget about returning to the orbital station.
With each successful mission, players will pump not only their own skills, but also technical equipment. Get ready, the first expedition will take place in a month!
Release date – August 12, 2021.
A promising open-world MMORPG from Amazon’s gaming division. According to the plot of the game, the main character shipwrecked and finds himself on a mysterious island under the patronage of magical powers. From now on he has to:
- To improve the way of life and find like-minded people who will help you survive in the unfriendly environment of the island of Aeternum.
- Master the craft you like and become an irreplaceable specialist in the chosen field. The features of the game do not allow you to become a universal in all areas, thereby increasing the team value of a player who has mastered local skills to perfection.
- Join one of three factions and fight opponents who encroached on her land in PVE and PVP modes. The lack of a class system and the value of real game skills revive the classic MMO combat.
Coupled with an open in-game economy without being tied to merchants and NPCs, the mysterious “New World” can really tighten.
Release date – August 31, 2021.
Intriguing road trip in the style of Life is Strange from the small studio DigixArt, whose developers had a hand in the masterpieces of the indie gaming industry Valiant Hearts and Memories Retold… According to the plot of the game, the main character is forced to hitchhike from authoritarian regime Petria. The creators promise:
- charismatic companions and interesting life stories;
- many plot forks;
- long-term influence of elections on the fate of people, travel and even an entire state.
The romance of the endless road, random fateful encounters and a guided sense of the unknown rely in addition to the game, which will be released next month.
Release date – August 16, 2021.
King’s bounty 2
The long-awaited sequel to the once popular King’s Bounty series, remembered by fans for the classic turn-based combat and elaborate RPG component. According to the plot of the game, the fantastic kingdom of Nostria overwhelms wave of serious shocks… Undercover intrigues in the palace are replaced by rebellious moods among the population, and attacks from robbers and mysterious monsters only contribute to the approach of a general catastrophe.
The features of King’s Bounty 2 include:
- the presence of three playable characters;
- 3rd person view while traveling the world (for the first time in the series);
- isometric turn based combat system (units of different classes, skill leveling and talent system available).
Judging by the enthusiastic comments from gaming publishers who attended the private screening of the early build of the game, the project promises to pleasantly surprise gamers.
Release date – August 24, 2021.
An interactive story with elements of a thriller from the life of an exemplary family man who got into creepy time loop… Each day of the protagonist ends according to the same scenario: a romantic evening – the police invade – the wife is accused of a crime – a brutal beating and … a romantic evening.
To break this hellish cycle, the player will have to:
- interact with the environment;
- notice the slightest change in the events taking place;
- make fateful decisions…
The view from above and the lack of a large number of playable locations hint at a special attention to the little things and details with which the plot will be revealed. And whether the developers managed to implement their plans in full, it will become clear very soon.
Release date – August 19, 2021.
Turn-based 4X strategy that allows once again to rewrite the history of mankind and lead your own people to the greatness of almost in an unlimited number of ways… Externally a project from the developers Endless space 2 reminds clone the infamous “Civilization”, but in terms of gameplay it promises to offer many new features. Among them:
- The presence of a plot narrative… It consists of many mini-stories and is a consequence of the player’s choices that somehow influenced the life of the local population.
- The possibility of changing the nation when moving from one era to another with the acquisition of new perks.
- Dominated mechanic from board games, including an adapted combat system and the appearance of Glory points. The ruler, whose political achievements, scientific discoveries and military leadership victories will leave the greatest mark in history, will rightfully become the winner of the gaming session.
Against the background of the gradual fading of the popularity of the strategic genre, Humankind looks very attractive and competitive. Sid Meier’s Civilization – Hold on.
Release date – August 17, 2021.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Animated adventure from Ember Lab studio about the girl Ken, who went in search of the sacred altar in the village of spirits. As you move towards her goal, the main character has to unravel the mystery of the imprisonment of local inhabitants and breathe new life into fading lands. In their brainchild, the developers have focused on:
- Graphic component… Thanks to the detailing of locations and the competent use of the capabilities of the game engine, Kena: Bridge of Spirits has turned into a small animated work of art.
- Explore the world… The presence of cute companions and the transforming game world will not let you get bored.
- Dynamic battles with monsters. A large number of abilities acquired in the process of exploring locations add drive and spectacular variety to battles.
It will be possible to plunge into a joint adventure with rotten spirits on PC (Epic Games Store) and PlayStation consoles of both generations.
Release date – August 24, 2021.
Which of the above are you looking for? If some project was not included in our selection, write about it in the comments and briefly justify its advantages.