Troubleshoot update error 0x8007065e Windows 10
In this guide, we are dealing with Windows 10 update error code 0x8007065e. Most likely you know that Microsoft releases 2 types of updates for their current systems: cumulative and component updates. This error appears when trying to install the second type of updates – Windows functions. She has mentions on the official forums, which allow us to draw a conclusion about what caused the error and how to fix it. So, let’s get to the point.
Why does error 0x8007065e appear?
There may be several reasons:
- an internal problem with Windows Update;
- incorrect operation of third-party system protection tools;
- incompatibility of the update with the current version of Windows;
- damage to system files.
How to fix update error 0x8007065e Windows 10/11?
All the ways to fix this error revolve around the problems listed above, but sometimes they use different approaches. Each method works in certain conditions, but we cannot know exactly your situation, so it is better to try at least a few of the listed methods.
Advice! Before using the following methods, we recommend that you turn off the antivirus, it can also be the cause of the update error 0x8007065e.
1) Use a fix tool
This tool itself is able to detect a fairly large list of problems and even fix many of them. Just do not ignore it.
How to start:
- We go to the “Parameters” of the system, we can do this with the Win + I keys.
- We go to the tab “Update and Security”.
- Select “Troubleshoot” and click on the list item “Windows Update”.
- Click on the button next to “Run the troubleshooter”.
2) Install update manually
To do this, you can use the Windows Media Creation Tool or do everything completely manually by downloading a suitable file. Both methods are good in their own way, so they can come in handy.
How to install the update via Windows Media Creation Tool:
- Download the utility from Microsoft official website…
- Enter the number of the update, the installation of which ended with an error. For this, the program has a search box.
- Download the update to your computer.
- Click on the file with the right mouse button and select “Run as administrator”. Follow the prompts on the screen.
There is also a completely manual option for those who do not want to install additional software:
- Find out the number of the update that was not installed. The update history is listed on the Microsoft website link…
- We take the update code and insert it into the search bar on this website…
- Click on the “Download” button next to the appropriate file.
- Run the downloaded update as administrator, the system update should begin.
3) Reset Windows Update Components
An effective remediation process involves resetting the Windows Control Center to its factory state. That is, after completing the steps listed below, it should definitely work without problems.
Troubleshooting error 0x8007065e in Windows 10:
- We stop services using the console. Enter the commands into the command line net stop bits, net stop wuauserv, net stop appidsvc, net stop cryptsvc… We separated them with a comma, but you need to press Enter after each.
- Delete the qmgr * .dat files. This can be done with the command Del “% ALLUSERSPROFILE% Application Data Microsoft Network Downloader qmgr * .dat”
- We clear or rename the SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folders. To change the name on the command line, enter Ren% systemroot% SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak and Ren% systemroot% system32 catroot2 catroot2.bak…
- We reset the BITS services and update services. To do this, we introduce sc.exe sdset bits D: (A ;; CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC ;;; SY) (A ;; CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO ;;; BA) (A ;; CCLCSWLOCRRC ;;; AU) (A ;; CCLCSWRPWP ;; PU) and immediately sc.exe sdset wuauserv D: (A ;; CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC ;;; SY) (A ;; CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO ;;; BA) (A ;; CCLCSWLOCRRC ;;; AU) (A ;; CCLCSWRPWPDTL;…
- We enter one more command into the window cd / d% windir% system32…
- We remove the problematic values in the registry. To do this, open the registry editor (we hammer regedit into the search) and follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE COMPONENTS… Remove the following items here PendingXmlIdentifier, NextQueueEntryIndex, AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving…
- Reset Winsock with the command netsh winsock reset…
- Let’s re-register the DLL files:
The last step is to restart the services that we stopped in the first step. You need to use the following commands:
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
4) Remove problematic registry values
We are talking about WUServer and WIStatusServer. To do this, you need:
- Open the registry editor by typing regedit in the line “Run” or in the search.
- Expand directories in the following order HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft Windows WindowsUpdate…
- Finding the values WUServer and WIStatusServer, if any, and delete them by right-clicking.
5) Scanning system files
This is the option that makes sense to use if the previous methods did not help. This is most likely a Windows file malfunction, but it’s easy to fix. You only need to insert into the command line with maximum privileges DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth… You can still try sfc / scannow…
At one stage, Windows 10 update error 0x8007065e should recede. We’re wondering what exactly worked for you. Help other users correct their mistakes faster, write a comment.