What causes NP-31739-3 on PS4 and how to get rid of it
Error NP-31739-3 occurs when a player tries to access a feature of an app, game, or PS4 software without the appropriate updates. It is worth noting that the NP-31739-3 itself is not a problem: it is rather a kind of signal to the player that he needs to install a number of current updates on the console.
Solving error NP-31739-3 on PS4
There is no solution for such a situation. All that the owner of the console needs to do is start the installation of certain updates, and wait for it to finish.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to cancel the installation of fresh updates for PS4. It is not entirely clear why SONY considered such a feature unnecessary, but it is what it is. But, as an option, you can disable automatic download and installation of updates. To do this, you need to do the following:
- open “Settings” on your console;
- go to the “System” section, then to the “Automatic downloads” subsection;
- uncheck items such as “System Software Update Files” and “Application Update Files”.
To manually check for new updates for applications and software (firmware) of the console, you need to do the following:
- go to the section “Updating system software”;
- if you have a fresh firmware, click on the “Update” button at the bottom of the screen;
- after rebooting PS4 and installing the update, return to the main menu of PS4;
- use the controller to select the icon of the application you want;
- press the “SETTINGS” button on the controller;
- select “Check for Updates”.
As you can see, a manual update does not require any special actions on the part of the user. One way or another, error NP-31739-3 should disappear by itself after the installation of all current updates is completed.