What do I do when I double-click my Logitech mouse?
Many people know about the problem of double clicking the mouse buttons from the A4tech manufacturer. Due to the poor quality of the components, mice often produce a couple of clicks instead of one. However, Logitech mice usually don’t have this problem. And yet, in recent years, the number of such complaints has become more frequent. For some, clicks appear everywhere: on the desktop, in the application. There are also those who note the appearance of double-clicks only in games.
Table of Contents
Reasons for double clicks
The problem can be provoked by:
- Hardware malfunctions. Physical problems in poor quality parts or their marriage are not so common;
- The mouse is configured to produce double clicks instead of single clicks;
- Static build-up. The problem appears on mice that have been in active use for a long time;
- The button (on the microcircuit) or the spring has weakened and does not provide the desired response of the button. Because of this, the button is pressed once or more;
- Failed or damaged drivers;
- Breakage of mouse components, usually preceded by a fall. If the mouse has been dropped in the recent past, this may cause component breakage.
To determine the cause of the problem, you need to try connecting the mouse to another computer. This simple method helps to determine whether the cause of the problem is a software part or a hardware failure. If the mouse works normally on another PC, the problem is in the system and it can be fixed.
How to remove double clicks on a Logitech mouse?
Paradoxically, quite often the problem appears with new Logitech mice. The company has officially confirmed that it knows about the problems, so it offers options for fixing them.
Checking mouse settings
If there is no working mouse nearby, you can use the Tab button, which will move to the next interface element. The Enter button can open the item.
What do we have to do:
- Press the Win + R combination, enter “control” in the field and click the Enter key.
- While in the “Control Panel”, in the “View” item, set the view “Large icons” (located in the upper right part of the screen).
- Open the item “Mouse”.
- Move the slider that adjusts the double-click speed to the minimum value.
Did it help? If the situation has not changed, another manipulation should be performed.
- Click the Win + S keys, insert the phrase “Open settings” and select the found section.
- Check the box next to “Double open and select with one click”, then “Apply” the change and close the window.
- Restart your computer and make sure the mouse is working properly.
Static discharge (wireless)
With the help of the proposed instructions in this section, it is possible to remove the accumulated charge, which interferes with the normal operation of the Bluetooth mouse.
Algorithm of actions:
- Disconnect the mouse through a button or switch on its body.
- Remove the batteries or accumulator from the device.
- Now, over and over again, you should click the left and then the right mouse button. This should be done for 45 seconds.
- Return the mouse to working condition by inserting the batteries and turning it on.
Checking mouse drivers
Often, problems in Logitech mice are caused by an outdated, incorrectly installed or missing driver. It is worth reinstalling it.
Driver reinstallation guide:
- Press the key combination Windows + R, insert “devmgmt.msc” and click on the Enter button.
- In a new window, open the Mice and Other Pointing Devices list.
- Select the installed Logitech mouse, right-click on the “Remove device” option.
- Disconnect the mouse, remove the batteries and leave it for a couple of minutes, then carry out the pairing procedure again.
- Windows will automatically pull up the mouse driver from its memory and install the necessary software into the system. If the system did not do this on its own, you will have to download the drivers from the official website.
Repairing the clock button inside the mouse
The point of the procedure is to adjust a small metal plate. Over time, it loses its elasticity and bends. If earlier it quickly returned to its place, now it provides only slow recoil. Therefore, instead of one click, it does several. Another likely problem is a broken microcontroller, which powers the entire mechanism.
How to repair your mouse manually:
- Turn the mouse over and unwind it. Usually the bolts are under the legs, so they must be removed carefully or new ones must be purchased in advance.
- Pay attention to the small black block where the left mouse button is. This mikrik is responsible for pressing the keys. It must be opened by picking up the gaps on one and the other side.
- Bend the metal tab of the microcontroller up.
- Put the mouse back together and check the result.
If this does not help or the microcontroller is non-separable, you can drive into the Internet its number indicated on the side to buy a new one. Soldering several contacts is easy, but the result is a distinct, clear click. The mouse should last at least another 1-3 years, depending on the activity of use.
A Logitech mouse isn’t cheap to throw away when double-clicks appear. Almost always, everything can be repaired on your own without large financial and time costs.