The endless grind of rewards for earning experience and resources is tiring, especially when problems from the real world intervene. To make your time in the game interesting and less tiring, the developers have introduced a system of seasonal challenges.
The Seasonal Challenge System will guide players through temporary content, encourage them to interact with the deeper mechanics of the game, and make rewards enjoyable. And it will be less painful to miss a week of the game because of the real world.
What do you need to know about Seasonal Challenges?
All the information currently available about Seasonal Challenges:
- Every Monday for the first ten weeks of the season, three to ten challenges will automatically appear.
- Some of the challenges are related to seasonal content. Others encourage players to perform strikes, Gambit and Crucible, or focus on non-activity rituals of Destiny, such as gaining Strength, unlocking seasonal artifact mods, or upgrading weapons and armor.
- Challenges are completed once per account, but once they become available, they can be completed at any time until the end of the season. They do not need to be started or obtained from the seller. For example, if a player does not play from 2 to 4 weeks, he can return in 5 weeks, and all these tests are waiting for him!
- Completing each challenge will earn XP that will increase your Season Pass ranking.
- Other rewards can include Bright Dust, Seasonal Currency, or other items.
Examples of seasonal challenges
What Seasonal Challenges may occur:
- victory over primitive messengers in the gambit;
- Destroy enemies in Nightfall: The Ordeal with seasonal weapons
- obtaining titles of dishonor or valor;
- extraction of ritual weapons and their adornments;
- Winning rounds in Trials of Osiris;
- Completion of the Shadow Magister.
The harder and longer the task, the steeper the rewards will be for the player for completing it. Two-thirds of the challenges (including ritual challenges) are now available without a Season Pass.
Zavala, Shaxx and the Drifter will lose their weekly bounties, as will the Season 13 vendor. They will still have daily XP Grinding battles, as well as recurring bounties for XP and Bright Dust.
Most of these challenges will be limited to the season and will disappear when the season ends. Any challenge that rewards unique or seasonal items can be completed while there is a seasonal action in the game, but the experience gained from completing it will only be available during the season in which it was introduced.