why does it appear and how to fix it?
We can safely say that Genshin Impact has become a real phenomenon in the gaming world. She especially attracted the attention of Western gamers, who previously were rarely interested in this genre. The game brings millions of profits to its developers and continues to evolve. It is a quality product with very high stability. After turning on the game, users can enjoy the process, there are no specific problems, freezes or errors. But this is only if it started. Most of the problems occur at the stage of turning on or updating the game.
How to solve Genshin Impact Network Return Error on PC
When you try to enter the game, a Network Return Error occurs, it is displayed in the launcher and does not provide an opportunity to initiate the launch. This is a fairly common problem that users actively discuss on thematic forums. The developer is aware of it, but in most cases the problem is related to network errors on the side of the user equipment or provider. There is no way to fix this with the update, but do not worry, to get rid of this problem, you can use one of the methods presented below.
Method 1: check VPN connection
Some users use a VPN connection, it is more secure and allows for high stability of the gameplay. But some programs to create such a connection consider Genshin Impact as a threat and block it. It should be said that this does not happen immediately, initially the launcher uses one server to download and check for updates, and then it can change it. Some connection addresses after the change can be assessed as unreliable, as a result, the program blocks Genshin Impact access to resources. To add a game to your favorites, you need to explore the functionality of your VPN. Each program has its own unique settings and filters, you need to exclude Genshin Impact from the blocked list.
Method 2: install the DNS Resolver app
Quite a large part of users say that the problem occurred on the DNS gateway, after reconfiguring it, the failure disappeared. You can manually adjust DNS, but not all gamers want to do this on their own. This is not necessary, you can install the DNS Resolver program and use it, it almost completely automates the process.
To use this method, follow these steps:
- Go link.
- Download the latest version of the app and install it.
- Click the settings icon in the program itself after turning it on.
- Select 22.214.171.124 with WARP or 126.96.36.199.
- Try 2 parameters, whichever works, and stop there.
If after this action the program does not work properly, and the error continues to be observed, you must go to the next method.
Method 3: configure Windows Firewall
The job of a standard firewall is to filter all network traffic. It is the foundation of the security and protection of the operating system. The firewall does a lot of useful work, but sometimes it blocks access to network resources for programs that do not deserve it. If Genshin falls under its filter, then the game does not receive an Internet connection, and this already causes the Network Return Error. There is a way out, add the application to the exclusion list so that the protection system does not block its access.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Search at the bottom of the taskbar, next to the Start menu.
- Enter the prompt “Allow applications to communicate through the firewall” on the line.
- In the window that opens, select the “Change parameters” item.
- At the bottom, click on the “allow another application” function.
- Click Browse.
- Here you need to find the file “launcher.exe”. If the configuration was performed along the standard path, then it is located here: C: Program Files Genshin Impact . If you changed it during the initial installation of the game, then it is located in the folder that you manually selected.
- After you have found and selected the file, click the “Add” button.
- Repeat this procedure with “GenshinImpact.exe” as well. This file in the standard boot path is located here: C: Program Files Genshin Impact Genshin Impact Game . Or where you installed the game manually.
- Reboot your computer.
- Run Launcher and check if the error is still there.
This problem always indicates a connection failure, so it is necessary to solve it in this direction. If you are using third-party antivirus programs that can block network access, then temporarily disable them and try to launch the game. If everything works fine without antivirus, then you should add the application to the exceptions so that protection does not limit the connection to the network.