Why is Genshin Impact’s Get Game button gray and how do I fix it?
For most users, installing Genshin Impact is not a problem. You need to go to the official website, and then download the launcher. Launcher is a small program that allows you to download and install the game as quickly as possible. This method is used by many developers, there is nothing surprising or unique about it. But it is precisely because of this method of installing games that problems most often occur. Players are faced with various errors and simply cannot install the desired game on their PC. There are topics on the forums where such errors are discussed.
Genshin Impact’s gray Get Game button
After the user has downloaded and installed the launcher, he needs to launch it and click the Download game button. After that, the program will start downloading the entire game, and at the end of this process, it will offer to install it. But some players start the launcher and cannot press the button, as it turns gray and inactive. This indicates that the installer was unable to connect to the server to download all the required data. The forum is actively discussing this problem and already now there are several ways to solve it. Most often, a failure occurs due to DNS blocking by the provider.
Method 1: configure DNS via DNS Resolver app
DNS Resolver is in great demand all over the world, it is easy to use and can solve many connection problems. To solve the problem with this app, you need to follow these steps:
- Go link…
- Download and install the latest DNS Resolver.
- Run the program and click on the settings icon.
- Then you can select 126.96.36.199 with WARP and 188.8.131.52.
- You need to check which setting solves your problem.
If you do not want to install a third-party application on your PC, you can manually configure the settings by changing the network connection.
Method 2: run the game through the executable file
In fact, the game is already on the computer, but the launcher cannot figure out if there are updates that need to be installed. You need to find the executable file in the game folder and run it, after that everything should work.
To do this, follow these steps:
- The standard installation path looks like this: “Program Files Genshin Impact Genshin Impact Game “. If during the initial installation you chose your own installation path, then follow it.
- In this folder with the game there is a file called “GenshinImpact.exe”, and you need to run it. Just initially right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- At the bottom, set the option “Run this program as administrator”.
- Click “Ok”.
Try to start the game now, everything should work fine. If this method does not help to solve the problem, you must download the game in manual mode and then install it. You can do it by the following link, after downloading the game, you need to transfer it to a folder and start the launcher, it will check the files and launch your game.