Medium has caught the attention of the entire community. Today it is one of the best selling on Steam. It is a horror and thriller that creates an incredible gaming atmosphere. It should be noted that the application immediately after the release showed itself very stable, errors were not a big problem, thematic forums discussed the process itself, but not crashes. This is very good, but over time, some troubles with the game began to appear, for which a solution has already been found. The forum has begun to discuss more and more the issue of Nvidia’s RTX feature not being enabled.
How to fix a gray Medium RTX label
Nvidia’s new ray tracing technology has become a real highlight of the gaming world. This effect completely changes the graphics and takes it to a completely different, higher level. Games that support the technology look fresh and very interesting. True, Medium gamers have noticed that the RTX feature is supported, but it cannot be enabled. If you enter the settings on the initial boot screen, you will notice that the Play the Medium DX12 item, where RTX is supported, is inactive and grayed out. You can fix this problem yourself using one of the methods below.
Method 1: launch the game via Steam
This method will help those who use the standard version of the game, not modified. Many users have noticed that if you initiate the launch of the program through Steam, then the function of enabling RTX appears.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Steam.
- Open your games library.
- Find The Medium there.
- Click the Play button.
- After that, in the settings window, you can select “Play the Medium DX12”.
- Select this item and start the game.
If the hardware allows everything to run in this mode, then ray tracing will be enabled. You will immediately notice it, the graphics in the game will become more detailed, original and interesting. If you are using the GOG version, then you need to go to the second way to solve the problem.
Method 2: enable RTX on the GOG version of the game
This modification of the game is in great demand among gamers around the world.
To enable ray tracing here, you need to do the following:
- Launch “GOG Galaxy”.
- Here select Medium and then click the Customization button.
- Click on “Manage Installation” and then “Configure”.
- In the menu that opens, you must enable the “Custom executables / arguments” parameter.
- Click on “Duplicate”.
- In the settings menu that opens, do not touch “File 2”, but in the “Argument” item, set the “-dx12” parameter.
- In the section My Label you can write whatever you want, for convenience it is better to enter “The Medium – DX12”.
- Click Ok.
After that, the game will launch in DX12 mode, where RTX ray tracing can already work. This setting helped most users, they were able to test the newest technology on their equipment. If you don’t want to go all this way with the settings, you can edit the executable file of the game itself.
To do this, do the following:
- Go to the folder where the game is installed.
- Find the executable file of the application launch in the archive and right-click on it to select “Properties”.
- Go to the “Shortcut” tab, there you will see the path to this data.
- You don’t need to change the method, add “-dx12” at the end of the line.
After that, even from a shortcut on the desktop, the game will launch in DX12 mode so that you can enjoy ray tracing during the process.