Why is the mouse cursor jumping and blinking in Endzone
Endzone gamers note the fact that the game itself looks very beautiful and relevant today. Exciting gameplay, high-quality graphics, support from developers and stable software. All of this can be obtained from the popular Endzone. But even if we are talking about the best developers, it is simply impossible to get rid of absolutely all problems. The variety of hardware and software leads to the fact that minor flaws can appear over time. Today on the forums it is discussed that the mouse in the Endzone periodically flickers and this creates discomfort.
How to get rid of mouse flickering in Endzone – A World Apart
It should be immediately noted that this problem does not affect the performance of the game in any way and does not interfere with its comfortable launch. But in some cases, mouse flickering leads to discomfort and spoils the overall atmosphere. Most often, this problem affects users who run the game in 4K resolution. This mode was available relatively recently and was created for productive equipment, so the bug is also quite fresh, it has not yet been resolved at the developer’s level.
It should also be noted that on their forum on Steam, the developers announced that they are aware of the problem and will try to fix it in the next updates. However, even today, this nasty artifact can be turned off by following simple steps.
To make the mouse stop flickering, do the following on your computer:
- Close the game completely.
- Log into Steam using your account.
- Find Endzone – A World Apart in the list of games and right-click on it.
- Select “Manage” from the drop-down menu and then “Browse local files”. This will allow you to go to the folder with the installed game to find the executable file.
- Now right click on the Endzone – A World Apart executable and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- At the bottom, click on the Change High DPI Settings button.
- Check the box under “High Resolution Scaling Override”.
- Select “System” from the drop-down menu and click “OK”.
- Start the game again to see if the problem has been resolved.
If after these steps the problem is not solved, and the mouse continues to flicker, you need to do something else:
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select Display Options.
- Under the item “Scale and Markup” click in the drop-down menu 125 or 150%.
- Reboot your computer.
Once enabled, try running Endzone – A World Apart again and check if the mouse is flickering. If the problem is solved, then you can play comfortably. However, this can create some discomfort when working with the operating system itself, some elements and font will be enlarged. As soon as the developer solves the problem and releases updates, it is better to return this parameter to 100% again by repeating the procedure in the reverse order. For most users, this temporary solution worked and the mouse stopped flickering, even at 4K resolution.