Working way to resolve error 0x8007016a on OneDrive
Using a very handy OneDrive feature called Files On Demand, any of us can see the message 0x8007016a. This is due to the settings of this option. As part of this tutorial, we will suggest fixes for this issue. However, before starting any specific actions, we recommend that you update the system by clicking on the “Check for Updates” button in the “Settings” in the “Update and Security” section.
What is Files On Demand? OneDrive includes a feature that lets you view all files in the cloud as if they were on your computer’s hard drive. Its main feature is that it is not at all necessary to download them. OneDrive downloads files only when they are directly accessed, that is, they are trying to open. This saves a lot of bandwidth and disk space.
Table of Contents
Fixing error code 0x8007016a in OneDrive
Error code 0x8007016a appears when a user tries to delete, move, or rename any file in the cloud folder. The popup indicates that the requested action cannot be performed. The only solution it offers is to enable or disable the ability to download files on demand. It does work, but there is also something else.
Step 1: disable Files On Demand
To do this, you should:
- Right-click the OneDrive icon in the taskbar.
- Select the Help & Settings option and then Settings.
- Uncheck the box “Files on demand”.
Step 2: reset OneDrive
It’s easy to do, here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Use the Win + R keys to start the “Run” line.
- Insert line % localappdata% Microsoft OneDrive onedrive.exe / reset
- Launch OneDrive from the Start Menu or Desktop and the necessary temporary files will be re-generated.
Step 3: enable Files On Demand
After you reset your OneDrive data, it’s worth re-enabling the feature. Most likely this time it will work fine, allowing you to edit deleted files on your computer.
- Right-click on OneDrive in the taskbar and go to “Settings”.
- Check the box next to Files on Demand.
- Wait until synchronization with the servers is established.
Error code 0x8007016a should no longer appear, and files on OneDrive servers must be available for moving, deleting, renaming and other changes.