3 ways to cancel your PS Plus subscription on PS4, PS5 and PSN
Canceling your PlayStation Plus membership is straightforward, but money needs to be double-checked. In order to avoid a mistake that will cost the amount for automatic renewal (the debited funds will not be returned), we have prepared instructions. There are 3 main ways to opt out of a PS Plus renewal: through PSN or PS4, PS5.
Despite the nice monthly renewal gifts, there are good enough reasons to opt out. In particular, there is a shortage of exclusives and often unsatisfactory lists of free games for a month. There are also constraints that need to be sensibly evaluated: we are losing all free games downloaded by subscription, as well as losing access to online modes in games. Having weighed all the pros and cons, and confirming the inner confidence in the unwillingness to pay for PS Plus, we can move on to the methods of canceling the subscription.
How do I unsubscribe from PS Plus on PSN?
You can cancel PS Plus through your browser and logging into your personal PSN account.
How to do it:
- Opening the page with PSN and click on the “Enter the network” button.
- Go to the Subscription page in the Account Management section. All active subscriptions at the moment, the cost of the next contribution and the date by which it must be made will be displayed here.
- To cancel your subscription, you need to click on the “Disable automatic renewal” button and confirm your intention.
Until the “Renewal Date” moment, the subscription will be active, but then will not be renewed. If you want to protect ourselves as much as possible, we can go to the “Payment Methods” section and delete the payment details from there.
Canceling a PS Plus subscription on PS4
Procedure for unsubscribing from PS Plus on PS4:
- Open the main menu on the PS4 console and go to the PlayStation Plus section.
- Go to the “Membership Management” page and click on the “Subscribe” button (located at the top in the right corner). A menu opens where you can extend PS Plus or cancel any further fees.
- Click on the action “Disable automatic renewal” and confirm it.
How to cancel your PS Plus subscription on PS5:
- From the home screen, go to “Settings” in the upper right corner.
- We go to the page “Users and accounts”, and then – to the section “Account”.
- Open “Payments and subscriptions” and scroll down.
- Click on the “Subscriptions” button.
- We select an active PS + subscription and use the “Disable automatic renewal” button.
- We confirm the refusal.
Sony will no longer charge money from the card for the PS Plus renewal, but the player will also lose the benefits of this subscription. As you can see, it is not difficult to unsubscribe from PS +, but you should start this step consciously, and not in a fit of anger over some minor bugs or game failures.