Complete list of cheats for Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
Failed to get stuck somewhere in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord? No problem! You can always use a variety of cheat codes that will undoubtedly help you cope with any difficulties that arise. It should be noted right away that the activation of cheats in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is somewhat different from other games: you need to open the configuration file and change one specific parameter.
How to activate cheat mode in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
So, to activate the cheats in your copy of Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, do the following:
- open your system drive and find the “Documents” or “Documents” folder on it;
- in the folder with documents find the folder “Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord” and open it;
- inside this folder go to the “Configs” folder and open the “engine_config” file.
- find the line “cheat_mode = 0” in the open file and replace zero with one in it to get “cheat_mode = 1”;
- save the changes to the text file and close it.
That’s it, now you can use special keyboard shortcuts to activate different effects for strategy and combat modes. More on this below.
List of available cheats in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
As soon as you start the game, the following cheats will become available to you:
- Ctrl + X. By pressing this combination once, you will receive either 1000 gold coins, or give 1000 experience points to any dedicated squad. This combination can be used an unlimited number of times.
- Ctrl + L. Instantly level up your main character.
- Ctrl + W. Raise the skill level with all available weapons.
- Ctrl + X. Raises the level of the selected squad.
- Ctrl + T. Disables Fog of War completely. An extremely useful cheat that, unfortunately, does not affect enemy units hidden on the map.
- Ctrl + LMB. Allows you to move the selected unit to any point on the map.
- Ctrl + H. Fully restores lost health. Important: the cheat only works in battle mode.
- Ctrl + Shift + H. Fully restores the horse’s lost health. Important: the cheat only works in battle mode.
- Ctrl + F3. Cause your character a certain amount of damage. The purpose of the cheat is suicide.
- Ctrl + Shift + F4. Cheat for killing a random enemy unit.
- Ctrl + Alt + F4. Cheat for killing all enemy units.
- Ctrl + Shift + F4. Cheat for killing the most powerful enemy units.
- Ctrl + F5. The main character will be controlled by the computer.
- Ctrl + F6. Cheat for killing one friendly unit.
- Ctrl + F9. Slowow activation / deactivation. Important: the cheat only works in battle mode.
Obviously, cheats are best used after you get comfortable with the game and want to try something new. Cheats can pretty much spoil the first impression of the game in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord. However, the choice is always yours …