Help me get rid of Denuvo Driver Error Code 2148204812. The error appears whenever I try to launch Mortal Kombat 11. I don’t quite understand what happened, but the game worked as it should before, except that it sometimes jerked, but my hardware is weak. Restarting the PC does not help from the word at all, and I can think of nothing else.
The error “Denuvo Driver Error Code 2148204812” appears when launching a video game protected by Denuvo anti-piracy software (DRM). As a rule, owners of licensed versions of games suffer from the appearance of such an error. The error message can be translated as follows:
Failed to initialize Denuvo driver. Error code: 2148204812
It is difficult to say why it was not possible to start up the Denuvo driver, but this often happens for the following reasons:
- Denuvo files integrated into the game being launched were corrupted.
- Some files of the game being launched have been damaged or changed.
- Denuvo driver initialization is being prevented by other software such as antivirus.
- A “crooked” Windows update interferes with the normal operation of Denuvo.
In today’s article, we will show you how to get rid of error 2148204812 on your computer.
Restart your computer
Restarting your computer rarely helps, but some users on the network still claim that a simple restart can get rid of this kind of problem. If you still haven’t tried restarting your PC, try it.
Reinstalling the game
As much as you would like to do this, reinstalling the game can help fix error 2148204812. It is not necessary to delete in-game saves and other files located in the documents of the Windows system partition. Reboot your PC after removing the toy you need, and only then proceed to reinstall it.
Removing the latest Windows updates
Surprisingly, some Windows updates can cause error 2148204812 to appear. You need to remove the last few updates from your system, restart your PC and check if the problem has been resolved. To uninstall Windows 10 updates, you need to do the following:
- Press the WIN + I combination to open your system options.
- Go to the “Update and Security” section, then to the “Windows Update” subsection.
- Go down a little below and click on the item “View update log”.
- Click on “Uninstall Updates” to open the “Installed Updates” window in the OS control panel.
- Select the last few updates, right-click on them and select “Uninstall”.
- Confirm your intentions and follow the further instructions on the screen.
Once you uninstall the updates, restart your PC and check for error 2148204812.
Removing anti-cheat Vanguard
Error 2148204812 can occur due to a conflict between Denuvo files and the Vanguard anti-cheat program. Is Vanguard installed on your PC? To remove this anti-cheat, you need to do the following:
- Right click on the Vanguard icon in the system tray and select “Close Vanguard”.
- Right-click on the Start menu and select “Applications and Features”.
- Find Vanguard in the list of programs, select it with LMB and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove Vanguard from your system.
- Reboot your PC.
Once you gain control of the system, launch the game and check for error 2148204812.
In some cases, the anti-virus installed on the computer can interfere with Denuvo’s work. As a rule, Windows Defender does not interfere with Austrian DRM, but users on the network note that after disabling the system antivirus, error 2148204812 disappeared. Here’s how to disable Windows Defender on your computer:
- Press WIN + S to bring up the system search bar.
- Enter the query “Windows Security” and select the result found.
- Click on the “Protection against viruses and threats” box, then on the “Manage settings” item.
- Slide the “Real-time Protection” switch to the “Off” position.
After disabling your antivirus, check for error 2148204812.