Some online users have complained that Forza Horizon 4 won’t launch or crashes when launched on their PC. It would seem that by this time the developers from Playground Games could have already eliminated such a “jamb”, but complaints from players continue to come even a couple of years after the release. We hasten to please: crashes and problems with launching Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 10 can be fixed using a few simple methods.
What causes crashes and problems with launching Forza Horizon 4?
- Windows updates. Forza Horizon 4 may refuse to run properly on Windows 10 that is missing a number of specific updates.
- Video card drivers. Crashes and problems with the launch of a particular game are quite an expected problem if outdated graphics drivers are installed on the user’s system.
- Antivirus software. In some situations, antivirus can start blocking applications, mistaking them for malicious elements.
- Microsoft Visual C ++. The MV C ++ libraries are critical for the correct operation of programs and video games, and therefore their absence can cause a whole series.
Method # 1 Renaming Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame
Open your Forza Horizon 4 root folder and locate Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame.exe. It can be in different folders, and therefore it can take some time to find it. However, it often lies in a folder called FH4.
You need to rename this file, or more precisely, get rid of its extension (.exe). Renamed? Ok, close all open folders and start the game. Typically, such a simple solution works, but if Forza Horizon 4 still won’t launch, then let’s try something different.
Method # 2 Stopping Audio Services
Some users report that they were able to get rid of crashes and problems with launching Forza Horizon 4 when they paused certain audio services on their computer. Try the following:
- press Win + R to open the Run window;
- write the msconfig value in an empty line and press Enter;
- go to the “Services” tab;
- uncheck the “Nahimic service” and “Realtek Audio Universal Service” checkboxes and click “Apply”;
- restart your computer.
Launch Forza Horizon 4 and check if it launches.
Method # 3 Reinstalling Forza Horizon 4
Forza Horizon 4 Still Won’t Start? Or crashes on startup? Then it’s time to use the last method – a complete reinstallation of the game. Here’s what you need to do:
- press Win + R;
- type powershell and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter;
- run the command Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers in the utility | Select Name, PackageFullName;
- find Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame and copy the full name of this package;
- paste the command Remove-AppxPackage [НАЗВАНИЕ ПАКЕТА] and press Enter;
- now run commands cd [ДИРЕКТОРИЯ FORZA HORIZON 4] and Add-AppxPackage -Register AppxManifest.xml;
- close the PowerShell window and restart your computer.
Your Forza Horizon 4 should now work as expected.